Author Topic: Chilli looking droopy  (Read 3153 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Chilli looking droopy
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:55:45 »
Hi
1 of my chilli's is looking very droopy and sorry for itself (for the last few days), I've given it a water and fed it some tom feed. Any ideas what else to do?
It's a Cayenne type, all the others are fine and all are growing outdoors in pots

Thanks

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Chilli looking droopy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 18:40:10 »
Hmmm could be a number of things.  Have you had a good check for pests?  I've known snails to severely chew the stems of chillies; red spider mite is often a problem; or it might be the dreaded vine weevil which eat all the roots.   :(  On the otherhand it might be waterlogged?  Just a few suggestions.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 18:46:32 »
if its outside we have had the weather go up and down of late chillies like it warm the fruit better in dry conditions so would add i think just the weather might be wrong .

I tend to grow mine in the greenhouse with toms and as of next year will have two different greenhouses so will be able to adjust the temp independently of the toms so will have a better success rate

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:59:55 »
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, it's not water logged, and I had wondered about the weather but the others (1 is the same variety) are fine and as I don't have a greenhouse its ouside or nowt.
So it looks like I should have a root for the vine wevil - keep your fingers crossed its not!!

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:34 »
think I've figured out what the problem was - under watering  ::) 

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 21:01:00 »
think I've figured out what the problem was - under watering  ::) 

LOL!  Well at least that's easily remedied.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal