Author Topic: B&Q Domestic Air Conditioning Units ~ DIY Installed. TOP TIP FOR THE DAY!!  (Read 3758 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Just thought I would share this one with you!!

This is something I think that buyers of B&Q domestic DIY installed units should be aware of !!
Obvioiusly these units are much cheaper than buying Air Con from companies that will install them for you and this is why we bought a  B& Q one However two years later the unit has broken down. and we cannot get any air condtioning company to repair it !! As soon as you mention its a B&Q domestic model they basically say no can do!! We have phoned 7 local companies and they have all refused to repair it.
I feel that B&Q should tell customers that this might be the case. All I would say is :~
If you want a cheap quick fix to a couple of hot summers this will work. Once it breaks down youve had it .
By the way B&Q couldn't suggest a company to do the repairs either.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

zigzig

• Acre
It is a little known fact that

Fit for purpose covers 6 years in British law. 2 years for an air conditioning unit unless it has been accidently damaged could come under the heading of
Not fit for the purpose for which it was sold.

Contact your retailer and if you do not get a satisfactory response, trading standards may step in for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal