Author Topic: Winter colour  (Read 1474 times)

buggalugs

• Not So New ...
Winter colour
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:24:09 »
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to the site as a member but have been lurking around as a guest for a while now.
I was wondering if you could help me please.
Now don't shoot me down I know summer hasn't arrived yet   :D, but I am hoping to keep a little colour and interest in the garden through the winter months and I was hoping you could make some suggestions please.
My garden isn't very big but not too bad, so obviously nothing that will grow like a giant lol, south facing, heavish soil but not clay. Any help would really be appreciated

Jacqui

daileg

• Hectare
Re: Winter colour
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 13:26:17 »
where you from Jacqui ,thats a very intresting way to spell your name and was wondering the origins of the spelling ?
would suggest a few shrubs that have a ever green as all gardens need a back drop ,red ropin has a good foilage for this and allways looks good in the winter try stay away frm decideous plants as they shed leaves and leave you with twigs http://www.letsgogardening.co.uk/Information/Winter_Flowering_Plants.htm

try some of these look ok to me

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 13:36:04 »
I call one of my neighbours Buggalugs but he is a miserable old sod! Hope you aren't one? ::)

buggalugs

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 14:08:19 »
Hello Daileg, thank you for your reply. I am yorkshire born and bred but my family hail from Sweden, it is just a diminutive of Jacqueline I'm afraid, nothing exotic. I shall look up your suggestion Thank You so much  :) Having said I am Yorkshire born and bred I defected a few years ago and now live in Lancashire shhhhhhh  :o ::)
Hi gardenqueen lol no I'm not a miserable so and so lol. well I hope not anyway  ;D  ;)
Jacqui

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 14:11:27 »
Have a browse in here; http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Plants%20by%20location/Plants%20by%20location.htm and you might find something to meet your needs.

buggalugs

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 15:40:37 »
Tee Gee thank you, that is one amazing resource  ;D I am sure I shall find something there :D
Jacqui

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal