Author Topic: another tomato problem ... help  (Read 722 times)

laura G

• Quarter Acre
another tomato problem ... help
« on: June 05, 2009, 19:01:25 »
HI all, have not posted lately as everytime i have a problem so does someone else and my problem gets answered before i have even asked (you lot are brilliant)

but this time thought i had better ask as no one seems to have the same problem  :-\

I planted some Roma tom seeds (free from one of the magazines) late winter and they got to the first two true leaves and stopped growing, thought i had planted to early or not looked after them properly so i sowed again later same problem, they get to first true leaves then stop, there isn't even a growing tip in the middle, is this what they call growing blind??
Anybody got any ideas?
The ones that have self seeded from last years toms in the greenhouse border are growing away nicely, but they are not the variety that i wanted this year... grr
Hope some one can help for next year, maybe i should complain to the seed company unless it was me that was the problem (more likely)  ;)

Sorry for going on
Laura G

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
Re: another tomato problem ... help
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 19:56:09 »
Yes it defo sounds like your plants are growing "blind".I would certainly complain to the seed supplier.

I got free Roma seeds froma catalogue too(probably the same one as you)but I gave them away.Must ask the person I gave them too if they were ok.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal