Author Topic: Arthritis  (Read 2083 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Arthritis
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:46 »
For a long time I have been giving my King Charles Cavalier Carprodyl tablets to relieve the pain of her arthritis. Got to the stage where she was having maximum of 4 tablets a day and although some improvement she was still limping quite badly especially during the evening. Young Lorna decided to buy her some Pegigree joint care so in addition to her tablets I have been cutting up one of the "sticks" each day and putting it in her food. Great improvement, after 2 weeks I stopped giving her any tablets, just gave her the joint care, for the past couple of weeks she has hardly been limping at all. Hope the improvement continues.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Arthritis
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:00:21 »
I am going to try and get some of that for my collie.

She does not limp all the time it seems to come and go.I maybe wrong but I think the cold weather makes it kick off.We often walk the fields and I have thought about stopping this as she does get very wet sometimes.She loves these walks so much I would feel mean to stop them. :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 17:25:05 »
I agree about the cold perhaps making things worse but earlier in the year when we had that warm spell I was hoping she would be a bit better. We have recently had really cold winds here in the Fens but she has definitely improved. Last week I was cutting young Lorna's lawn and two of my Granddaughters turned up with their Mum. They found Joshua's football and decided to have a kick around. Couldn't believe it when I saw Elsa joining in, I said to daughter she will be limping badly tonight but no, she was fine. Worth a try for your collie but suggest you give her a "stick" each day for a couple of weeks. Let me know how she gets on.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 21:31:24 »
My Border Collie started with hip problems last year. SHe now has injections twice a year and can manage the stairs no problem now. I've cut out the long walks we did and stick to local walks. She's 11 and hits the sack as soon as we get back.
 (She had a minor op last week. It wasn't a nice sight to see her struggling against the knock-out jab and still trying to reach me through the bars of her box.)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 22:22:14 »
This is good to know Lorna. Mollie-the-Collie had started to walk in a painful looking fashion after our dog holiday in Yorkshire this spring. We have another dog hols in October and it may be a good idea to start thinking about some relief now. She is nine and behaving distinctly elderly ::) ;D Thanks for the tip.
Smile, it confuses people.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:09 »
we get the bob martin vita chews, maisie wasn't too keen on the joint care, however, these do joint mobility, skin and coat, immune system and reduces flatulence which is a bonus with her  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal