Author Topic: UKTV Gardens  (Read 2325 times)

daileg

• Hectare
UKTV Gardens
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:26:11 »
as we all know this channel has been turned off i took the trouble to email them and they have sent me a reply it is suggested we send them a request for content programming
UKTV

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment at the closure of .  I am sure will understand it was not an easy decision to make.  UKTV is a commercial business and unfortunately, was under-performing significantly.  There are just not enough viewers who share your (and our) love of the channel.

Ground Force was the most popular of the programmes, which is why it now part of our Home channel, along with City Gardener, , Home Front in the Garden. We are dedicated to getting the right mix of gardening programming on the new Home channel. Because of this, we are asking people to submit their requests for shows that they would like to keep on the new channel. We would welcome your feedback on any other titles we are showing to help inform our schedules on both these channels going forward.

Our factual channel Blighty, is now showing some of the more 'outdoors' programmes that were on UKTV Gardens (Coast, Wye: Voices from the Valley, Passion for Plants, Bill Oddie Goes Wild, Birding with Bill Oddie, Castle in the Country).  I hope that you will enjoy these and more. 

We have transferred the online content from the website over to www.lovehome.co.uk with some new content if you are interested.

Again, we are sorry that you are disappointed and hope that you are not pout off watching UKTV channels completely. With the feedback that we are getting on the recent changes, we hope to keep the core gardening programmes still going. Unfortunately, there were not enough viewers to support a whole channel financially.
Kind regards

The UKTV Team

uktv.co.uk
 http://www.uktv.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of UKTV unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Please note that UKTV monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this. UK Channel Management Limited (registered in England and Wales with number 03322468), UKTV Interactive Limited (registered in England and Wales with number 03950210), UK Gold Services Limited (registered in England and Wales with number 02702737), UKTV New Ventures Limited (registered in England and Wales with number 04266373).

Registered office of the above companies at: 160 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5QA

Click here to report this email as spam.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.   Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. bss accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

bss - Registered charity 282264, Company limited by guarantee; Registered in England and Wales 1548958, VAT registered 674 7822 93. Registered office: bss, International House , 7 High Street, London, W5 5DB
bss Scotland Limited - Registered in Scotland SC085804, VAT Registered 382 9044 37. Registered Office: Farme Castle Estate, Duchess Place, Rutherglen, Glasgow, G73 1DR

betula

• Hectare
Re: UKTV Gardens
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 13:27:25 »
I sent one and had the same sort of reply.

I really do hope they improve the gardening content of the new channel.

It would be great if they could make a new series of programmes similar to the Big Dig.I found that really interesting.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 18:14:05 »
I enjoyed 'Real Gardens' a few years ago; they should do something based on the best from that past (that and 'The Big Dig') not yet more stupid makeover programmes.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 18:29:48 »
Favouritism i didn't get a reply :(

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 15:27:43 »
I enjoyed 'Real Gardens' a few years ago; they should do something based on the best from that past (that and 'The Big Dig') not yet more stupid makeover programmes.

I agree quality programming with quality facts that we need not how to make a hanging basket who else thinks the new version og Gardeners world is a little pants

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal