Author Topic: fuming!!!!!  (Read 12279 times)

simmo116

• Acre
fuming!!!!!
« on: May 15, 2009, 17:52:26 »
got home today to find out that a teacher at school called my eldest son a d**k head in class and was witnessed by another member of staff. there's nobody at the school now so have to wait untill monday... i cant say how angry i am.....
he said that all he was doing was working out his sums out loud.and this so called teacher came over and called him a dick head right in his face.i knew we should have never of sent him to that school.every day there has been an incident of sorts. not involving my son thank god. some one was stabed the other month.!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: fuming!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 18:02:06 »
no wonder you're fuming, simmo..there's absolutely no excuse for anyone to call someone that, much less a teacher !!!
go get him >:(

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 18:11:01 »
i want to take this as far as i can possibly go. id like nothing more than to go in an deck him! but im bigger than that. does anyone have any advise on what course of action i should take.?

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 18:53:38 »

Take a breath simmo, you are rightly angry and it's understandable,

best thing---  is to go and see the head master / mistress and lodge a complaint

against that teacher, wouldn't mention it to your son or advertise your intentions -

could bring on bullying ?         Once you have thier attention, ask for the teacher to

give your son a private appology in front of the head of school.   

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 19:58:55 »
I would ask for an apology in front of the class, thats where he made the comment and thats where he should apologise.  >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 20:12:47 »
I would be looking for hard cash!! Local law centre?

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 20:32:37 »
No excuse for using language like that. My advice Simmo would be to contact the head teacher to register your concern and at the same time ask for the contact address for the Chair of Goveners as you will be writing to them.  That will focus their minds and I bet you'll be invited in for tea and bikkies and your lad will get his apology.   Wonder what would be happening right now if your child called the teacher a D**k Head!!
They don't like it up em you know!!! ;) ;)

Al37

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 21:03:59 »
If it was me I would go directly to the goveners.
You can get the contact details from the school secretary. Send them a letter explaining what happened and how strongly you feel about the situation, I would even mention that you are considering contacting local paper etc.
I think if you go to the school first they will have time to prepare excuses etc, when one of the goveners rings or visits the school wanting to know why a teacher has used such language there will be no time to prepare or cover anything up.
I wouldn't rest untill the teacher is sacked!

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 21:15:13 »
As Flossy said go straight to the head teacher, we have issues with a  teacher right now and the head is the only person that can deal with it.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 21:20:56 »
I wouldn't rest untill the teacher is sacked!

That's drastic! Whilst I agree that the teacher was wrong to say this, it's hardly a sacking offence. Are you absolutely sure it was said without humour?
Smile, it confuses people.

Al37

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 21:24:50 »
I know its dratic but if Simmo's son had called the teacher that then I am sure he would have been suspended from the shool.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 21:44:53 »
On a technicality the teacher works for the authority and a Head can't sack them, the Governors can. The GTC wouldn't strike you off for that, one teacher was caught doing drugs and wasn't sacked...  :-X

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 21:51:10 »
Don't you think you're overreacting. Just maybe he is a dick[/b][/b]head.

It's this modern mamby pamby reaction that is dumbing down education. Sit the kid down and help him learn to do his sums properly and tell him to have more respect for the teacher.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 21:59:28 »
My son was once asked by a teacher why his mother hadn't brought him up properly which although he was probably being a pain, could have been a very insensitive comment to make.
Anyway, my son replied that his mother was in hospital and watched the teacher's face fall......and then said.......'Yes Miss, she is a nurse'
And yes, he was a cocky little so and so, but it still makes me laugh.
Seriously though, I hope it made the teacher think that some off the cuff remarks are totally inappropriate.

ber77tie

• Half Acre
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 22:02:53 »
Don't you think you're overreacting. Just maybe he is a dick[/b][/b]head.

It's this modern mamby pamby reaction that is dumbing down education. Sit the kid down and help him learn to do his sums properly and tell him to have more respect for the teacher.

I just can't believe these comments!The teacher should lead by example.I would report this straight to the board of governors.Who in turn will discuss with the head teacher.

skyblu

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 22:17:56 »
No doubt a lot would find the phrase di*ckhead unacceptable under any circumstances but teaching has changed since the 'sit down, shut up and listen' days.  Teachers are dealing with children who are a whole lot more opinionated, streetwise and confident in dealing with adults than any previous generation.  Sometimes they may have to resort to using 'street vernacular' in order to garner any respect or understanding.  Not ideal but realistic.  But teachers are generally a lot nicer to pupils than they used to be.  My Mum used to get a ruler across her knuckles for getting her sums wrong and our teachers threw board rubbers at us.  I am also sure that they hear a lot worse every day from students and yet the students aren't suspended every time they say a word stronger than 'gosh'.  To call for someone to actually lose their job over this would certainly seem extremely harsh to me.

I would certainly want to hear the other side of the story and a little more about the context - are you sure your son isn't playing his part/behaviour down?  If he was messing around and the teacher said 'don't be such a d*ckhead', it is very different to a teacher calling him that when your son was just doing his best to work out the sums.
http://packdoughty.wordpress.com/  gardening and greyhounds....

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 23:54:42 »
With all due respect, I find Eristic & SkyBlu's comments outrageous!  I don't care how much life has changed since we were at school, how dare a teacher think it's acceptable to call a pupil a d!ckhead!!!  I've taught before and my best friend is a secondary school teacher so I know only too well how hard and frustrating it is these days but I'd still not resort to that behaviour.

Simmo, in your shoes I think I would write to the head and copy on to the governors at the same time so everybody is aware of the situation at the same time.  Request a meeting between yourself, the head, the teacher in question and your son and explain just what you think of this.  Incidentally, how is your son about this other than being embarrassed in front of fellow pupils?

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 00:27:33 »
For crying out loud.

Get a life!

The little twerp is going to get called a lot worse than that before much longer, especially if he can't even add up.

NettleNik

• Not So New ...
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 01:24:21 »
In my opinion Simmo - if you don't get a response you like from the head - I'd go to your local papers and expose the school and this teacher. Nobody deserves to be called anything derogatory in front of their peers by someone in authority just to cause humilation. The teacher should at least recieve a warning and make an apology to your satisfaction. Kids are horrible these days - but a teacher should never lose their composure - otherwise the kids have won and the teacher loses all credibilty. I'd make sure you have the full story from your son warts and all so you dont get any egg on your face though. Nothing like marching into school with a bee in your bonnet and your child embarrassing you!

Hope you get it all sorted. Try and have a good weekend - after all you can't do anything til monday.
Take care - Nik

gardentg44

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 06:54:05 »
Insist on a appology Simmo.

Then DECK HIM ;D ;D
kes   A man with no money in is pocket at christmas is too idle to borrow.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal