Author Topic: One for manics...  (Read 1556 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: One for manics...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 19:12:05 »
brilliant that, sparkly, your plot looks great, lot larger site than ours, Ray's envious of your skill at movies  ;D

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 19:21:27 »
I enjoyed that and the music was lovely, particularly when at the crescendo when the mesembryanthemums appeared.....lovely !!

On a personal note; I don't think I could do with all those little beds they would drive me up the wall. But looking at the condition of your produce the system is working for you!.....well done!

n.b. Might try putting music to my slide show ::)

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 19:40:00 »
Hi Sparkly,

Excellent video.  :D

Can I ask about the little frames around the base of your wigwams? Are they a mesh framwork or glass? Are they to protect your beans from birds or keep the soil warm?

Sorry for all the questions.

MP

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 19:45:32 »
Thanks guys.

Teegee: The small beds are an experiment. Hence half the plot raised beds and half standard allotment.  We may put a few together next year and increase the size of some. It does make maintainance quite easy as it only takes me half an hour to weed through them so I quite like the idea.

Mushy Pea: The frames are acrylic. The idea was to keep the plants out of the wind as they went in about a month ago. They are butter beans and last year they didn't quite get enough time to get a good crop hence the idea to try and extend the season a bit. It seems to have been quite successful. The site can be quite windy. I will probably take them off soon and put them around the giant pumpkins on the other plot to give them some shelter whilst the roots develop.

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:48 »
looks a great plot  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal