Author Topic: Unwins Seeds and S.E.Marshall & Co.  (Read 3584 times)

Hugh_Jones

Unwins Seeds and S.E.Marshall & Co.
« on: September 21, 2004, 00:31:56 »
Those of you who (like me) buy the odd packet of Unwins seeds may have noticed difficulty in finding a supplier this year, this apparently being due to financial difficulties of the company.

On the 4th August the purchase by Westwoods (the garden supplies company) of both Unwins seeds and S.E. Marshall & Co of Wisbech (Marshalls Seeds to you) was finally completed.

It is apparently intended that a revitalised Unwins will continue to sell through retail outlets but that Westwoods hope to entice Marshalls customers through the garden centre doors to buy Westwoods products as well, so possibly Marshalls are to go on sale through the shops as well.

Both Unwins` and Marshalls` Web sites are presently undergoing redevelopment

« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 00:48:35 by Hugh_Jones »

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
Re: Unwins Seeds and S.E.Marshall & Co.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 21:14:05 »
Just to keep anyone interested updated, Westland Horticulture (the compost people) now own the Unwins and Marshalls Brands, which will incorporate Elmhouse nurseries, and Boltons sweet peas (mail order).

Both companies will remain seperate, with Unwins concentrating on the retail outlets, and Marshalls with the vegetable mail order.

Both website are due for release shortly.

Their excellent customer services have assured me that there should be no problems with seed supply.

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

frannie

• Not So New ...
Re: Unwins Seeds and S.E.Marshall & Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 13:14:51 »
definitely have unwins seeds in good old wilkinsons!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal