Author Topic: Chinese Artichokes  (Read 777 times)

BockingBill

• Quarter Acre
Chinese Artichokes
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:59:48 »
Bought 25 tubers from Marshalls and out of the 25 we have not seen one poking through even though they have been in for about 5 weeks.

Has anybody grown these in the past and been successful?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Chinese Artichokes
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 16:30:37 »
Thought about it... It is only the start of May... give them another couple of weeks or firkle in the soil...  :-\

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 19:23:28 »
Wow, that is annoying. The instructions should tell you how to plant where, when and also say how long they take to show.

Over the years I am fed up telling people to complain when they have complied with these instructions and nothing has appeared.

(not just what you have grown, loads of things)

People seem to be scared too complain. Think that they have 'done something wrong'. So, it must be their fault.

Recently, I got two people to actually make a complaint and guess what, they either got replacements or a credit.

Keep complaining to these companies if what you buy is not thriving when you grow according to their instructions....

PLEASE

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 19:40:36 »
Time to show depends on the soil temperature; you can't legislate for it. I'd have a firkle and see; if you just find decaying tubers, that's the time to raise Cain!

BockingBill

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 16:40:47 »
Have firkled and only found 1 manky tuber. So phoned Marshalls and received a refund without even trying.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal