Author Topic: Asda special offer on seeds  (Read 2580 times)

oliveoyl_25

• Half Acre
Asda special offer on seeds
« on: May 04, 2009, 16:35:52 »
In Asda today all packets of seeds were 3 for £4... not that great a deal on the ordinary packs, but the deal includes all the 'collections' packs (eg. 6 different varieties of tomato, pumkins and squashes, sweet peas etc.) which are priced at £3.99 individually, and World Kitchen range. Sow by dates vary between 2010 to 2012 from the ones I looked at.

beckydore

• Half Acre
Re: Asda special offer on seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 22:11:24 »
I walked down to the asda in High Wycombe on Tuesday evening and they only had the single packs of standard seeds left.  :(

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 22:57:13 »
I am not allowed to buy anymore seeds until at least 2012, otherwise my house keeping allowance will be cut.  Only joking, don't tell him but just off to Asda's, are they open all night??.  No really, joking apart, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE SEEDS.  At least they are a lot cheaper than shoes, or designer clothes, whatever they are.

oliveoyl_25

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 23:15:36 »
I walked down to the asda in High Wycombe on Tuesday evening and they only had the single packs of standard seeds left.  :(

That's a shame.  I don't know how long the offer had been running for but there was a good choice when I went at the weekend.  Still, there's T&M's half price sale on seeds tomorrow so fingers crossed for some interesting bits still being available.

oliveoyl_25

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 23:18:09 »
I am not allowed to buy anymore seeds until at least 2012, otherwise my house keeping allowance will be cut.  Only joking, don't tell him but just off to Asda's, are they open all night??.  No really, joking apart, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE SEEDS.  At least they are a lot cheaper than shoes, or designer clothes, whatever they are.

Exactly... tell him it's either the fancy beans or a pair of Jimmy Choos!

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 07:47:03 »

Exactly... tell him it's either the fancy beans or a pair of Jimmy Choos!

Someone else into fancy beans......i've just seen one called the nun's belly button ;D does anyone grow it and what does it look like?

oliveoyl_25

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 01:10:16 »
I'm still quite new to all the available varieties of beans (only just got allotment a few weeks ago and prior to that it was dwarf frenchies in the back garden)... there's a pic of Nun's Belly Button beans on here http://daughterofthesoil.blogspot.com/2007/08/green-bean-gallery.html  have to say, they don't look terribly funky lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal