Author Topic: Sites in Nottingham?  (Read 4432 times)

jeed

Sites in Nottingham?
« on: September 20, 2004, 12:45:44 »
Hi, me and my other half moved down to Nottingham a few months ago, and have been thinking about getting a plot (lenton/aspley/city centre/ anywhere really !). Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for nice sites with friendly people which might have some plots left?

Cheers

Jim
Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)

petemason

• Half Acre
Re:Sites in Nottingham?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 11:44:32 »
I travel along the A52 between Bingham roundabout and Nottingham every night and there are two allotment sites on that road near Radcliffe. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to stop and check if there are any spare plots as I'm driving an artic but they look well maintained. If you know where the RSPCA is, they're not far from there.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

mm-b

• Half Acre
Re: Sites in Nottingham?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 15:56:48 »
Hello jeed
My allotment is at whitemoor in Nottingham and its fantastic. The plots are large and private as they are all surrounded with hedges. I got mine 4 months ago and think the site is brill. Although my poor back, as my plot is covered in couch grass. There is water some of the year and people always say hello when you pass them.
Melanie

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 10:31:18 »
Hi Melanie, this is your secretary speaking lol. We do like to think Whitemoor is a friendly place but if you want a plot here Jeed you'd better hurry. We're down to just a couple of usable plots and then there's only 4 really derelict ones left. Pop down on a Saturday or Sunday morning ( Wilkinson St ) and see me in the shop if you're interested. There are also other sites near Aspley. Check out http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coun/department/leisure_com/allotments/sites.asp
for a full list.

Btw Mel, one of your friends has just taken no 28.

mm-b

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 15:41:53 »
Who can that be? ???
Is it someone from Asda?
Which number are you djbrenton?
Perhaps I shall see you around although I only go up once a week at the moment.
Melanie :)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:07:21 »
It's Lucy and her partner. They came up on Sunday and are coming back to do the paperwork this weekend.

I'm on 50 and 51 most days. Pop up and say hi sometime.

mm-b

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 10:33:08 »
Great I will
I don't know anyone called Lucy?
Melanie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal