Author Topic: WHAT IS YOUR OTHER HOBBY!  (Read 5591 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
WHAT IS YOUR OTHER HOBBY!
« on: May 01, 2009, 17:50:59 »
This morning I was sitting thinking ooOO "should I go to the allotment or should I do some piano practice ~~allotment or piano :-\ ....Which led me to think that I know you all love gardening/vegetable growing but what are your other hobbies! and what hobby takes priority!

Duke :)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: WHAT IS YOUR OTHER HOBBY!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 19:04:50 »
Well the allotment takes up almost all of our time but we do have a koi pool at home and our house rabbits. I did used to paint but don't have the time now.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 19:11:14 »
My other hobby used to be playing in a brass band. Left the band last Oct, which gives us more time for the Lottie. Have played since I was 6 and have never not been active in the movement until end of last year. Have to say I am quite enjoying the break. It's quite heavy going at times and very time consuming. Very good socially though and has given me alot of opportunities throughout life.

SPUDLY

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 19:16:14 »
What with the allotment, this forum and drinking beer, there's not much time for anything else :-[

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 19:35:12 »
On the PC mostly blogging or here and reading,  but only when I'm not on the allotment plotting, pondering or pottering!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 19:48:17 »
 :) insect photography and reading up on serial killers , and the reasons why they do what they do  :o / shades x
grow your own way

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 20:41:32 »
lotty,lotty,lotty and in me  spare time .the lotty

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 20:59:44 »
Distance running and scuba diving.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 21:20:11 »
Playing tennis, walking with the Ramblers, either in UK or abroad.  Reading, jigsaw puzzles, knitting, rug making, crossword puzzles (in the winter) and entering competitions and never winning, live in hope.  Looking after grandchildren, talking to the cat.  Watching my seeds grow, and prodding them about too much.  Listening to LBC whilst washing up (which annoys OH).  Watching old episodes of 'Heartbeat', 'on the buses' and some programmes on TV.  Enjoyed Rebecca.  I think the allotment usually gets preference, but it is quite good to give it a break for a few days and then the plants are really grown (and the weeds).

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 21:38:56 »
Going to our caravan at least 2 weekends a month from spring to autumn 8) 8)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 22:17:14 by ktlawson »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 22:09:50 »
Its great to get to know another side of you all :)

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 22:10:58 »
I just love caravans.  Nearly bought one when my mother died and left me some money. Caravans, greenhouses and tents are just so exciting. Clothes I find extremely boring, but everyone to their own taste.  Wanted a caravan on a site near the sea, but a small site and couldn't quite find the perfect spot, also was a bit put off by the ground rent.  The ones I liked were too far away from London where we live.  Saw some lovely log cabins but they were nearly as dear as a house.

Bobitybob

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 22:19:09 »
I do Family History along with transcribing files for FreeBMD and LancashireBMD :)
Plus listening to all kinds of music from Queen to Classics.Just got a caravan at Boton le Sands.
 8)

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 22:54:59 »
white water kayaking and fly fishing :)
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 23:18:33 »
will try anything arts crafty, and like to make jewelry amature level. oh yeah and how could i forget i'm into almost anything wildlife related :D.

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 23:21:40 »
We've got a small motorhome so we like to get over to France  and hopefully winter trips to
 Spain.

Lots of motorhome events in the UK through the summer in between planting and weeding Allotment.

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 23:33:39 »
Julie's other half here (otherwise known as the bloke who digs   :P ).  Other than giving myself a bad back, I coach athletics, help out with my daughter's footy team and practice full contact karate (got my 2nd dan grading coming up).  As for finding time for the lotty, now the mornings are lighter, I do an hour or two before work.  Digging at 6am seems somehow more rewarding.....or am I just a little mad?   ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 23:41:25 »
Not a hobby, but just as enjoyable - I am a volunteer with a stroke group - run by the Stroke Association to help people who have difficulties with communication after a stroke. I'm the IT wizard, so spend a lot of time on line and helping people out who don't have antivirus software or don't know what Windows Updates are.

I also work full time (sort of) but as I work for myself I can more or less decide when to work, though the hours I can't change are when the weather is lovely and I would prefer to be on the allotment.  I get free time when it's raining and cold. Grrrr.
The Tuscan Beaneater

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 23:46:10 »
3 choirs and 2 book groups.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 23:54:28 »
Just tonight in fact, picked up my soldering iron and started stained glass again after a break of 15+ years.............kids got in the way  ;D
Other hobbies cooking,eating n drinking........or are they hobbies? ;)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal