Author Topic: luxury travelling  (Read 872 times)

ACE

• Hectare
luxury travelling
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:51:36 »
A couple of weeks ago, I stuck my pikey cap on and trundled our leaky old caravan down to Dorset for a few days. The winter had done it no favours and she was looking a bit tatty. OH compared us with trailer trash and talked me into 'just having a look' at a caravan dealers nearby.

Outcome! a considerably bit lighter in the pocket, but a nice newer luxury caravan she could prance around with doing her airs and graces.

We had to pick it up this weekend as they needed to do all the servicing and safety checks. (fitted the chandeliers) So instead of coming straight home we tried her out for a few days. Absolute luxury! full bathroom,with hot and cold running , decent kitchen, comfortable beds, central heating, even a cool air blower. There are so many cupboards and storage places, we will never use them up.

OH is very happy, I'm a bit impressed myself, but I have to act as if I spent all the money because of her nagging. Also I will be living in it while I do the shows this year, so the cocktail cabinet will come in handy.

For all those other A4A people that tug their holiday homes about, it is an Abbey Expression, Michael Jordon special.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: luxury travelling
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:07 »
Congratulations ACE.  There must be something in the Dorset air because eight years ago I was staying at a CL in Branscombe  in our 20 year old caravan.  I had to go to get a spare part for the van at Martins in Exeter.  While I was there I looked around their secondhand vans and came across a five year old Lunar Clubman 475 EK.  It had everything we ever wanted, hot and cold water, a separate shower, working surfaces that pulled out in the kitchen to give a nice big area for preparing veggies and the overall size of the van was bigger than our old Elddis.  When my OH came down at the weekend he fell in love with it too. 

We bought it and have been so pleased with it.  It is now 13 years old but is still immaculate.  We have been all over the place with it including the Pyrenees and the Tarn Gorges in France.

I hope you have as much enjoyment in your caravan ACE as we have had in ours.   ;D

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:08:55 »
Which part of dorset did you go to ace?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 15:10:49 »
Which part of dorset did you go to ace?

Bere Regis, nice little place, but central to a lot of good places to visit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal