Author Topic: which dog insurance company do you use?  (Read 2015 times)

debster

• Hectare
which dog insurance company do you use?
« on: April 26, 2009, 13:35:14 »
seeing as we have found ourselves a lovely doggy that has everything sorted except insurance who do people use and recommend
many thanks
debs

Gobby

• Quarter Acre
Re: which dog insurance company do you use?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 13:39:19 »
We have Ykesha a lovely 5 year old german shephard that still has that "puppyness" about him we've used Churchill and directline before but at the moment we're with Tesco's and to be honest they've been far friendlier than the more expensive two. In future we'll stick with Tesco's every time.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 15:23:25 »
more than, we have our house done with them so get a discount  ;D

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 22:29:28 »
Gobby
I was going to Insure with Tesco,but our Vet advised us, that they don`t cover Gum & Teeth problems. So i am insured with Petinsurance .co.uk, which costs £22 per month for a 3yr old GSDog.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 22:58:33 »
All,

Far easier to put an amount away every month into a interest account and let it mount up. Then you can dip into it when you need to for the pets peace of mind.
If it isnt touched then you have a holiday with your pet or in memory of them. ;D ;D ;D

Got them back now to put some tread on them

staris

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 23:14:31 »
thats what we do now i just put £20.00 away into an account and then if the dog needs to go to the vets i dip into it, most trips to the vets are around £20/£30 and the insurance wont pay for that amount anyway  ;D

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 20:07:48 »
We use Petplan for our little rescue dog Jake.
We have Petplans covered for Life Policy.
Many cheaper insurers stop paying for treatment of an ongoing condition after 12 months.
With this policy  you can claim right into your pets old age.
So our policy covers
Vets fees for injury and illness
Boarding Cattery/kennel Fees [If you are hospitalised and no one can care for your pet].
Complementary treatment [Following procedures after an illness].
Advertising and Reward
Third party liability [If your dog causes damage or injury in the UK].
Emergency repatriation [travel]
Quarantine Expenses and Loss of Documents.

You get a reduction for a neutered dog and a dicount if you are a pensioner.

Last year we paid £173.04   payable by monthly installments.

During that year Jake jumped a fence and broke his front paw [ he's well mended now and running like a train again]. The treatment lasted two months with the cast having to be changed
regularly. The cost was £600 which we paid each visit. When the treatment was over our vet filled in the forms which we signed and sent to Petplan. Within a week we received a cheque for the full amount minus the excess of £80.

This policy gives us peace of mind and having owned a dog before that was epileptic  all his 16 years we know how expensive a pet can be that has to have monthly ongoing treatment.
Not that we ever regretted having him cos we loved Woody to bits.

I'm not sure about putting money away what if you dip into it for a holiday and next week something happens!

Hope I haven't gone on too much but insurance for a pet is a must in our kennel.

Anyway what ever you decide be happy with your new friend.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal