Author Topic: How do I modify posts?  (Read 2018 times)

huehueteotl

• Not So New ...
  • I dig therefore I am
How do I modify posts?
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:59:33 »
I created a topic yesterday and wanted to modify it but for the life of me I can't find a way to do it. I have read the help and it says that a modify button should show when I view my posting but it never does. I am beginning to wonder if thereis a browser setting that I need to adjust or whether my firewall is somehow blocking it. Any suggestions or help welcome?

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: How do I modify posts?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 13:11:49 »
Dan changed the edit/delete post options so that there is a time limit (about an hour I think). He has done this to prevent subsequent editting, or deletion, which has previously made a mess of threads.
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,26931.msg265823.html#msg265823

If you need a post editing/deleting after the time limit has expired you would have to send Dan a PM asking him to edit it on your behalf.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 08:28:35 »
Why not just do a "Quote" reply and edit that, stating underneath that you have edited it.

Ihave just tried it out and it works. Do a "Quote" of your original post and then edit the text. It will be a second post and won't affect the original.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:38:56 by Larkshall »
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Rubicashrama

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:18:59 »
Why not just do a "Quote" reply and edit that, stating underneath that you have edited it.

Ihave just tried it out and it works. Do a "Quote" of your original post and then edit the text. It will be a second post and won't affect the original.

I am agree with you and your post

Thanks and nice to meet you

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 13:43:11 »

If you need a post editing/deleting after the time limit has expired you would have to send Dan a PM asking him to edit it on your behalf.

or you could click on the "report this post" button on the right hand of your message and ask him to edit it.

Neil

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal