Author Topic: Ladybirds  (Read 2112 times)

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
Ladybirds
« on: April 26, 2009, 20:19:32 »
It looks like a good year for ladybirds here in Denmark! My red clover and nettles are full of them. The last time I saw so many over here was about 25 years ago..........there was an absolute swarm, but since then they have been scarce.

I am writing about the red ones, not the yellow / black harlequin ones.  :)

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
Re: Ladybirds
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 20:33:54 »
I hope that it will be here as well, although I've not seen many yet.
There were plenty on my plot last year, including the one in my blog header photo!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 22:55:30 »
i'm yet to see any of the native ones for the season as yet and so far have seen one harliquen for the year.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 23:25:21 »
Seen several at various points around the site here...  :)

DaveR

• Not So New ...
    • Life on the plot - the diary of a novice allotmenteer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 00:01:11 »
It looks like a good year for ladybirds here in Denmark! My red clover and nettles are full of them. The last time I saw so many over here was about 25 years ago..........there was an absolute swarm, but since then they have been scarce.

I remember that - I had holiday in Denmark about 25 years ago, and I remember seeing swarms of them all over the harbour wall I was walking past. I've never seen so many before or since. Hope we get a load of them over here too!
http://lifeontheplot.blogspot.com/ - the diary of a novice allotmenteer.

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:53:29 »

I remember that - I had holiday in Denmark about 25 years ago, and I remember seeing swarms of them all over the harbour wall I was walking past. I've never seen so many before or since. Hope we get a load of them over here too!

Ha! It was a few years after I had to jump into Kerteminde harbour to escape a swarm of bees! That must have been 1972 I think!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal