Author Topic: The most dangerous chocolate cake recipe in the world....  (Read 6998 times)

Sholls

• Acre
Re: The most dangerous chocolate cake recipe in the world....
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 19:27:49 »
Thanks for the recipe. :D

The texture of the pud was lovely, but a little sweet for my palette. Next time less sugar & a dark chocolate. :)  (I own some pretty huge mugs, but resorted to a souffle dish in the end. ;) )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 19:29:52 by sh011s »

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 22:20:40 »
Am I the only person in the Universe who doesn't like chocolate cake???  ???

No, I once met some one else who said they hated chocolate cake. Said it made them gag. But she could eat chocolate bars one after the other.

I can understand it, cake dilutes the chocolate flavour too much with most recipes.

Now coffee cake with coffee buttercream filling and chocolate fudge topping.
That is moooooooooooooreish.

FennelandFern

• Half Acre
    • Fennel & Fern
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 22:47:34 »
does anyone make chocolate cake with courgettes in it? I've always been scared of wasting too perfectly good and seemingly incompatible ingredients! What does it taste like?
www.fennelandfern.co.uk

Have a look at the Good Growing Guide - free downloadable gardening advice: www.fennelandfern.co.uk/grow

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 23:17:51 »
I also hate chocolate cake, much prefer cheese and biscuits with grapes.  Not sure that I would like chocolate and courgette cake, sounds horrible.  Much prefer courgettes fried in butter.

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 23:31:09 »
I made a chocolate and courgette cake a couple of years ago to try to use up some of the courgette glut. It was weird - the courgette seemed to leach all of the chocolate flavour out of the cake, so that it didn't really taste of anything.  Also, it was a beautifully thick cake, but very, very dense. Weighed a ton.

No doubt I did it all wrong, and someone else will have a recipe that works properly, but I wasn't tempted to repeat the experiment.
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 23:48:25 »
i made a courgette cake last year the glut had me desperate i can't remember if it was chocolate based but it did taste great and was a lovely texture, it didn't last long with my greedy lot. I'll look for the recipe tomorrow and will post whether it was a chocolate one or not.

as soon as my little one fall to sleep I'm going to try this quick cake and the best part is I'm the last one up so no need to share ;D

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 03:08:38 »
You have perfect timing, Carrot Cruncher, since after building some blueberry cages today in the heat there was no energy to make dessert but voila! you came through with your quick choc. cake.  What a humdinger of a recipe!

I didn't have any cocoa in the house but can't let little things interfere with progress so instead put in 7 heaping tbsp of choc. bits, a little less butter due to the fat in the choc. bits, and a slosh of rum, microwaved in a 4-cup measuring cup.
Was it ever delicious!  We added a dollop of vanilla frozen yogurt and could easily have fed 3 generously.

Thank you so much- an incredible  :o  pudding-cake.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 15:08:38 »
You have perfect timing, Carrot Cruncher, since after building some blueberry cages today in the heat there was no energy to make dessert but voila! you came through with your quick choc. cake.  What a humdinger of a recipe!

I didn't have any cocoa in the house but can't let little things interfere with progress so instead put in 7 heaping tbsp of choc. bits, a little less butter due to the fat in the choc. bits, and a slosh of rum, microwaved in a 4-cup measuring cup.
Was it ever delicious!  We added a dollop of vanilla frozen yogurt and could easily have fed 3 generously.

Thank you so much- an incredible  :o  pudding-cake.

FORGOT TO SAY I NUKED THE CHOC. BITS WITH THE BUTTER (AND THE DRY INGREDIENTS WHICH HAPPENED TO ALREADY BE IN THE CUP) SO THE CHOC. WAS EASY TO STIR- BUT I GUESS YOU'D FIGURED THAT OUT.

SINCE WE HAVE SOME BUTTERSCOTH MORSELS I MIGHT TRY THE SAME AND SEE HOW THAT GOES.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

FennelandFern

• Half Acre
    • Fennel & Fern
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 23:06:22 »
Just been at a friend's house where I ate...courgette cake! It was actually like banana bread, but without the banana, or any real taste. Seems a bit of a waste of a good courgette!
www.fennelandfern.co.uk

Have a look at the Good Growing Guide - free downloadable gardening advice: www.fennelandfern.co.uk/grow

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 20:00:34 »
Tried this recipe which was yummy. 

Then I tried a 4 min treacle sponge.  Instead of using chocolate and vanilla, I swirled treacle through the mix rather than putting it in the bottom of the bowl (my mugs aren't big enough).  This got the thumbs up from OH too.

MP

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 20:29:22 »
last week everyone at work was a bit fed up so we made these in our lunch hour I think we made 5 in all serving 10 of us everyone enjoyed them .

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal