Author Topic: Will i ever be to old?  (Read 1135 times)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Will i ever be to old?
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:50 »
I have just helped the kids made crispy cake with their easter eggs. As we sat there licking the bowl out i thought are the delights of the cake bowl as good when you get older? I am 37 next week and i have found this year i can't eat easter eggs for breakfast any more :-[

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Will i ever be to old?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:06:36 »
No... as someone said, growing old is compulsory but growing up is optional. Now going Lactose Intolerant and finding you can eat virtually no choclate is a bad call...  :-X

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:18:53 »
Been lactose intolerant all my life  :'( - and I do miss out sometimes like at easter but then every now and then I can't resist smelly cheese and just have to have a nibble.....
But as for getting too old for stuff I think you just progress onto other treats like cold curry for breakfast   ;D

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 12:27:45 »
 :)I like cold curry for breakfast, and cold Heinz tomato soup out the tin,

I also can only eat Christmas cake for breakfast and do so everyday until its gone ::) :P same with Easter eggs ;D/ shades x
grow your own way

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:30:07 »
Sorry to hear that 1066.... but I used to love my chocolate bics., yogurts and CHEESE, in all it's forms... but especially blue, smelly and runny...  :'(

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 12:43:13 »
its a bummer isn't it SD! But I'm grateful for small mercies - I can still drink WINE  ;D

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 13:52:30 »
No... as someone said, growing old is compulsory but growing up is optional. Now going Lactose Intolerant and finding you can eat virtually no choclate is a bad call...  :-X

I'll remember that quote ;D ;D ;D I don't like smell cheese, i don't know how you can get it near enough to your mouth to eat it with out selling it :P

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 14:32:40 »
and I'm not Coeliac so I can have the beer...  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 15:51:44 »
cue for a song..."you don't know what you've got til it's gone...."  :-\

How lucky am I to be of a 'certain' age :-[ and to be able to eat and drink and enjoy anything I like and I so take it for granted.....

Working for the (more) elderly ::) I hear so much of what upsets their hiatus hernias, arthritis, BP, etc.etc......and they're all the foods/seasonings/condiments I love!

hmmm....time for me to get into the kitchen & make my tonight's curry, loaded with chillies, onions, tomatoes and topped with (shock horror!) cucumber raita & chopped hardboiled eggs......and, btw...it's only a bloomin basic potato and pea curry I'm planning to make!

And I promise I won't curse that I need to get the step ladder chair out to lift the large saucepan from the shelf because I can't lift up to reach it any more...

PS My dad introduced me to the fine delights of smelly cheeses at a young and impressionable age 8).....cheese and shellfish - God Bless You Dad 8) ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 16:02:29 »
I still lick the bowl out at 60 Twoflower ;D Now I have a grandaughter to help me make cakes I hope to share the licking out for many years to come.
Smile, it confuses people.

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 17:09:41 »
mmmmmmmmmmmm curry, can i come round for tea Hyacinth ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal