Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 3067 times)

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
Advice please
« on: April 12, 2009, 22:04:44 »
It's the first year I've managed to be organised enough to sow chillis and peppers early. I sowed them in first week of March and pricked them out into small pots a couple of weeks ago and they've been happily growing on a sunny windowsill in the house.

I am now wondering if it will be ok to take them down the lottie and keep them in an unheated greenhouse. Or should I keep them in the house a bit longer.
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 22:43:57 »
Mine have been in my unheated greenhouse for a couple of weeks.
They are inside propagators though and haven't grown much.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 20:57:38 »
If I was that far north I think I'd be inclined to keep them indoors for as long as possible, ideally until all risk of frost has passed.  I'm in London and mine are still indoors as I don't have a heated greenhouse either. 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Mowhay

• Quarter Acre
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:09:33 »
Mine have been in my unheated greenhouse for about two weeks now, if it's a cold forecast I put one of those plastic lids over the seed tray the pots are standing in. I'm not far away from you so if your careful it will be OK.

siandc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 18:05:28 »
Mine live in  mini greenhouse during the day but come in at night, ladt year a frost in late MAY killed mostof mine  >:(
Mind you they weren't under any cover then at all.

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 19:19:56 »
oooohhhh you have scared me now - I took some to the greenhouse at the weekend, I will have to keep an eye out for frost
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal