Author Topic: Any plots near Rochford  (Read 9759 times)

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
Any plots near Rochford
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:07:48 »
Hi All
I live in Rochford Essex and I am currently trying to get a plot somewhere in the vicinity. Have registered with Southend and Rochford but so far no luck, Does anyone know of any vacant plots or maybe someone is looking to give up a plot if that is allowed. So new to all of this so please excuse if I am speaking out of turn. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Any plots near Rochford
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:25:03 »
hiya, jeanbean, welcome to the site  ;D
I'm sure there are people from that area on here, hope you get a plot soon  :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 18:46:00 »
Welcome to the site Jeanbean...  :)

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 19:00:02 »
Thanks for the welcome. I must admit that having stumbled on a particular thread by TGG I was a bit hesitant of joining in, but as I, have surfed around the site I find that most people seem not so daunting. At present I am still trying to think of any questions that I can ask so I'll keep on logging on. Hopefully I will have an allotment in the not to distant future so will need lots of advice.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 19:26:08 »
Jeanbean, welcome! Please ignore TGG, it seems to be his lifes' mission to see who he can wind up next. ::)
Have you tried this no.?
Rochford District:  Rochford Parish 01702 540722. I googled Allotments in Rochford, there is more info there. I'm in Wakering and rumour has it that the local pc is going to release more land for allotments, though whether they will remains to be seen.Worth a try if it's not too far?
Smile, it confuses people.

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 19:35:46 »
Thanks Emaggie for the info. I am on the waiting list for Rochford Parish  Council and for the Manners Way sites. Wakering is probably too far for me as I have commitments within Southend/ Rochford so was hoping for this area. You know how it is. Never gave any thought to an allotment until I retired early last year and now am impatient to have one! Where do you have an allotment? In Wakering I presume. Have u been doing this for long?

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:06:19 »
Wakering allotments are off the High Street. Not a huge site but fairly friendly. I've been there 3 years now, but I had to wait 6 months as I don't live in the Parish.
Smile, it confuses people.

siandc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 23:26:37 »
Hiya we've got a plot near Waitrose on eastern avenue, they're society, not council and I'm sure they've got some available.

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 21:01:46 »
Thanks Siandc for the info. I have now got a plot in Rochford Road near to Somerfield. Got it about 2 weeks ago. My friend and I are well pleased with it. Wish the weather would dry up a bit so we could carry on with the clearance.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 21:43:15 »
Congratulations Jeanbean  :)

tim_n

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:39 »
Hi JeanBean - are you on the rocheway allotments & part of RAGLA?

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 19:58:19 »
Hi Tim_n
I was eventually offered plot 25B at Rocheway but  I had already taken  a plot on the Rochford Road site near Somerfields so I declined the one at Rocheway. Have been on the plot for almost 3 months and it it really looking good now. (There are a few photos in my gallery and some more to come) Only planted onions, strawberries and fruit bushes so far. Hope to put the  potatoes in over Easter. Have many different seeds germinating in the conservatory. Are you on the Rocheway site then?if so how do you find it?
What does RAGLA stand for. Sorry to be ignorant.

tim_n

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 15:59:58 »
ignorant? not really, I didn't know there was sites at somerfield! I assume you're not talking about the somefield dead in town so you must mean at golden cross!

RALGA rochford allotment and leisure gardeners association. it's the association formed at rocheway!

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 07:48:33 »
The site is on Rochford Road near the Bell PH. Somerfield is on the corner of  Feeches Road and the entrance to the site is just past the zebra crossing between houses. Very well hidden, as like you, before I was offered the plot I had no idea they existed. I had been driving past them for the past 16 years.

shazbean

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 10:03:05 »
greetings all  ;D

I have a plot on Rocheway - with the excellent RAGLA. Fab facilities, somewhere nice and warm to make a cuppa and have a biccy plus of course nice loos!! Lovely people too.

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 20:41:11 »
Hi Shazbean and welcome to A4A. Are you new to lottying? When did you get your plot at Rocheway? As I mentioned in a a previous email, I was offered a plot there in January but turned it down as I had already started on the one at Rochford Road. Hope you have a successful growing season and don't try to do too much at once. ;)

tim_n

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 20:38:05 »
hi shazbean, welcome to A4A - which plot do you hail from?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal