Author Topic: Cucumbers  (Read 998 times)

Benson

• Not So New ...
Cucumbers
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:42 »
HI I am new to this gardening/veg growing. But I live in northern Italy, having moved out for 2 years last July. With the help of my 2 little girls I have planted cucumbers, tomatos and peppers. The cucumbers are about an 1.5 inches high and have just got their 2nd set of leaves starting. I cannot put them in the garden and I do not have access to frames /greenhouses, however I do have a very big porch that gets the sun.
Should I put them in long trough like pots now or leave them till they are a bit sturdier. Our weather is sunny at the moment and quite warm, 16-20 degrees, and they have been outside all the time for the passed 4 days.

Thanks

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Cucumbers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 11:00:59 »
If your weather is likely to stay at that temperature you'll be fine. I'm being careful because I know nothing about what you can expect there. The thing to watch out for is low temperatures at night, especially frost, which they won't tolerate at all. I've no idea whether it's likely, but you'll know.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:16:56 »
and welcome to the site Benson,  ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 14:11:48 »
My cucumber plants are currently on my windowsill and 6-8" tall, in 3" square pots.  I will leave them there for another 2 weeks or so. Next, I will pot them on into 6" pots for a further 3 weeks (hopefully warm enough to go in the greenhouse or OH will be on my case),  prior to putting them into their final growing position.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 17:56:04 »
Mine aren't planted yet.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal