Author Topic: British potato varieties - relative resistance to blight and other diseases  (Read 1626 times)

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
For those who have been seeking information on the relative resistance to blight in potato varieties the Potato Marketing Board has an excellent database which provides this information as well as the relative resistance to other diseases ...

http://www.potato.org.uk/department/export_and_seed/seed_variety_database/index.html

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Thanks, that seems to be just what I need.

amphibian

Does it take accouint of the new strains of blight?

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Looks like T+M are making money out of me next year.... I had to burn half my outdoor tomatos today and I fear there are spots on some of my others and some potatos. Wiull cull all affected foliage and get busy with the Dithane on whats left (sprayed Bordeaux mix today)

chrisc

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
amphibian - I doubt that it does in part because there is probably a lack of adequate data at this stage. The only variety that I have heard of is Lady Balfour which has a high resistance rating in the database but is not living up to this billing when A2-Blue13 is present.

As a cynic I do not believe in total resistance and so I simply use the numbers to see how one variety stacks up against another, eg Romano (son of Desiree) has greater resistance to blight on foliage than Desiree itself .. and I will continue to use this approach until such time as somebody announces that (say) Romano is susceptible to A2-Blue13 .. not a lot else one can do.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Do not click the above link :-X :-X :-X :-X
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
.... or any other by that poster in other threads.

realfood

• Hectare
    • Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables
For a quick guide for the Growing, Storing and Cooking of your own Fruit and Vegetables, go to www.growyourown.info

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Because they are obscene and offensive and Dan has just removed the poster.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Why?
My warning does not apply anymore as the link has been removed.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

amphibian

amphibian - I doubt that it does in part because there is probably a lack of adequate data at this stage. The only variety that I have heard of is Lady Balfour which has a high resistance rating in the database but is not living up to this billing when A2-Blue13 is present.

As a cynic I do not believe in total resistance and so I simply use the numbers to see how one variety stacks up against another, eg Romano (son of Desiree) has greater resistance to blight on foliage than Desiree itself .. and I will continue to use this approach until such time as somebody announces that (say) Romano is susceptible to A2-Blue13 .. not a lot else one can do.

That makes perfect sense.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal