Author Topic: Calling all Fuchsia fans  (Read 1587 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Calling all Fuchsia fans
« on: June 15, 2009, 21:07:19 »
I was sent this Fuchsia by a kind poster here and was told it was called 'Circus Spangles'.  Looking at other sites very few photos look like this one.  So is it Circus Spangles please and if not, any idea what it is?  It's a trailing variety by the way. 

Thanks.  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
Re: Calling all Fuchsia fans
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 21:18:15 »
Wish I could help you Georgie, but not seen or grown this one. Such a pretty frill too!

Hope someone can identify it for you.

Ninns
x

rdm51

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 21:24:04 »
Hi Georgie.
 Looking at the photo it,s hard to tell. personally i have my dealts, Circus Spangles has large double flowers, tube and sepals are white and the corolla is red streaked white.
 Circus Spangles is a trailer,  i can't offer you an alternative  as the photo is on the dark side and hard to tell the real colour of sepals and corolla.
 Another thing that makes me dealt, is the stamen and stigma are red in you photo but Circus Spangles the stamen and stigma are white.
 Bob

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 21:30:47 »
Hi Georgie.
 Looking at the photo it,s hard to tell. personally i have my dealts, Circus Spangles has large double flowers, tube and sepals are white and the corolla is red streaked white.
 Circus Spangles is a trailer,  i can't offer you an alternative  as the photo is on the dark side and hard to tell the real colour of sepals and corolla.
 Another thing that makes me dealt, is the stamen and stigma are red in you photo but Circus Spangles the stamen and stigma are white.
 Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply.  If you don't mind I'll get a few more pics and PM you a link to photobucket for possible ID?  Since Dan changed things it's hard to post decent pics here now.   ::)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal