Author Topic: Wind  (Read 993 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Wind
« on: March 28, 2009, 14:53:01 »
My plastic mini greenhouse has just blown across the garden.  Thought it would be OK as protected by the house wall. That will teach me to say how pleased I was with it. Have just rescued some plants/seeds that were just starting to grow.  Have got them all mixed up, so will get some surprises if they grow.  Have now but heavy bricks in the corners so hopefully will stay put, have bought some plants indoors.  Was just going to the allotment and it hailed and the wind blew very strongly.  Luckily I have plenty more seeds and had sowed some a bit earlier, so back to square one.  Don't know how Manuel's plastic homemade greenhouse has survived on the allotment as the wind blows across the playing fields and my garden is walled and protected.  Did a lot of digging out marestail last evening and was hoping to finish bed at allotment today but think it will be shopping instead and hopefully be sunny tomorrow.  Pleased I am retired (or retarded as OH says) as weather always seems worse at the weekend.  I am in Enfield, north London.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Wind
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 15:11:49 »
If it finally breaks the bits can be salvaged for an Ace frame to net sprouts and tall brassicas...  ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 15:14:41 »
Good idea, hopefully it will be OK now with the bricks to hold it down.  Just netted my PSB but the pigeons land on it so soon I will make a proper cage, live and learn.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 18:46:01 »
It has been bloody windy here for about a week or so, so I was wondering how your GH was getting on Borlotti, mine went the same way a few years ago and all the plants got mixed up, keep your eye on it because I weighed mine down with bricks and when I come back from holiday it was broken.  :'(     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:30:21 »
Hi, I've had simialr problems as well Borlotti.
As well as bricks and havey pots I also now tie it to something, which so far, seems to have worked. its now tied up to a bracket on 1 of the garden walls.
basically I'm just going to have to build something more strudy myself one of these days........

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal