Author Topic: Waiting in line  (Read 2851 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Waiting in line
« on: September 10, 2004, 19:26:04 »
Thought you might like to see this photo of my lot waiting for a piece of meat when hubby was carving this evening :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:Waiting in line
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 19:30:59 »
Love the fact that the cat is right in there - looks like he is sure of his position in your house Pat.  Serously, what lovely animals....
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 19:54:59 »
What gorgeous coats your animals have! Reminds me of the gas advert when the dog, cat and mouse are all kissing each other at the fireside!

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 21:52:33 »
Pat I've only just noticed the second (black and white cat!) - thought the dog in front was lying at a very funny angle and had unusual markings on its looong back legs! ;D
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 21:57:45 »
That's Poppy our persian cross Wicker - she is a bit more nervous than Penny (the tabby & white - who thinks she is a dog I think as she is right there with them when there is food around :D)  The dog nearest is Bobbie who was the subject of the Skin & Coat problem thread.  His coat has improved a bit and as you can see he has grown some fur back on his tail, but it still has a long way to go before it is as full as Busby's tail.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 00:05:15 »
Pat I can really see a big improvement in Bobbie since your last photographs of him  :D  So glad his fur is growing back - albeit slowly. What wonderful condition all your pets are in. You must be soooo proud of them all.  :)

Isn't it amazing how much concentration animals can muster when it comes to food!! The photograph reminds me so much of Blue although there would have been strings of  'boot lace' saliva  if he'd been in the shot. ::)

Best of luck for the week-end at the show and I hope the weather stays fair for you.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 13:40:16 »
Hi Pat,
Glad to hear Bobby is improving the photo is just great how alert animals are when food is around. They are a credit to you and your family.
What is Bobby on now?
Teresa

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 15:43:17 »
Teresa - re Bobbie's medication (how long have you got ;))
He is on Vit B3 quite a strong dose per day - a long term antibiotic which I am assured by the vet is quite safe, but to be on the safe side I am giving him pro-biotic in the form of live yogurt every day.  I also give him Evening Primrose and  Cod Liver oil capsules as the vet said this will also help with his dry skin.  To cap it all the poor boy has developed arthritis in his hind legs so I am giving him Glucosomine tablets for that as well.  He still remains a happy boy though, if a little stiff when getting up, bless him and the tail never stops wagging.

Pat

PS  As you can see from the photo he is also wearing a collar which has a bioflow magnet to help with the arthritis.  I myself have found a bracelet very helpful and my old dog (now departed) was greatly helped by wearing one as she had arthritis.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 17:10:47 »
Hi Pat,
Oh bless his heart so glad to hear he is so well and you sound so much better.The herb feverfew is also good for a arthritis in humanes should work for the four legged ones as well, add it to your hit list.
Give him a big hug from me
Teresa

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 11:11:39 »
Didn't know about feverfew Teresa, thanks.  Oh, by the way, forgot to mention that Bobbie is also hypothyroid so has to have tablets for that every day as well.

Pat

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 16:34:02 »
Guy flip Pat looks like you got your hands full their lass, we are forever tripping over Harvey and he is just a mere bunch of fluff. :o They all look well behaved tho, are they? ???

Roy ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 18:55:30 »
They do look angelic don't they Roy :D  ....and of course they are, when Poppy isn't scratching at the wallpaper, Penny isn't scratching at the dining room chair seats, Bobbie isn't trying to beat you to the post and Busby just thinks everyone wants to play with his toys with him all the time :o

Seriously though, I love them to bits and wouldn't be without them, even if Bobbie is going to send us into bankruptcy soon ::) :)

Pat

Oh yes, and talking of tripping over them, why do Flatcoated Retrievers always like to lie in doorways :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 18:56:49 by Gardengirl »

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 20:34:29 »
why do Flatcoated Retrievers always like to lie in doorways  

To keep an eye on you what else hee hee  ;)
Teresa

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal