Author Topic: jade goody  (Read 7199 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
jade goody
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:39 »
i know i know,but i was  moved today to hear of her passing,RIP jade goody and i want to start  a thread in her memory,i for one thought about her today when i was digging,and her lads,and have also booked myself a smear this week,i hope all women that read this will do the same so jades passing wont be in vain
rach
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

flossy

• Hectare
Re: jade goody
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:46 »

Have followed Jades ' story ' in the last few weeks.   Feel very sad that she has passed away,

I liked her a lot, she was naive and made mistakes  --  like most of us have during our lives.

but she always made me smile.       

Hertfordshire,   south east England

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:36 »
so sad, 27, no age , my best wishes go out to her children and family :-\

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:34:41 »
No matter what you think of her, for anyone to die at that age and for two little kids to lose their mum is very sad.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:48:28 »
No matter what you think of her, for anyone to die at that age and for two little kids to lose their mum is very sad.

and that is exactly what i tried to get across to some this weekend, i neither liked or disliked her but i kept thinking of the emotional pain she endured knowing she won't be physically there for her boys and of course i feel for her boys they are so young to have to grow up without their mum. a sad time for anyone to experience RIP young mum and god bless the little ones and all her love ones.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:14:13 »
thifasmom I know what you mean. Someone that works with my OH started saying how discusting it she was for televising the whole thing. She was only trying to provide a future for her children. I too would do the same given the opportunity. Her children will be able to see how much of a fighter she was and the smiles they brought to her face in her final days. Brings a lump to my throat to even think of leaving my children behind at such a young age. I too booked my smear test as a result, the letter had been sat on a shelf since October just one of those things i didn't get around to booking.

She has made allot of woman pull there fingers out and book themselves in including me. You just think it wont happen to me and now i realize how silly having that attitude is.

Rest in peace Jade and all my love to your boy's and loved ones. Hope they find the strength that you had in abundance. xxx

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:04:23 »
Yes it is all very sad. :(

I am so glad that her legacy was to raise the importance of the smear test.

Not my favourite date on the calender but soon done with.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 16:27:20 »
As already said not everyones cup of tea but so sad to die so young and leave them kiddies behind.  :( :( :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 16:49:11 »
Ditto that cornykev - deeply sad and also brings back memories of losing loved ones over the years and showing what they were going though.

Jade's indirect legacy is a good one.
Best laid plans and all that

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 19:59:27 »
I think she was a very brave lady to do all that while she was dying.. for whatever reason,impossible to judge her, but perhaps focusing on the publicity made dying easier for her, after all it was her death and so perhaps she was the best person to orchestrate it

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:32:17 »
Jade did Panto here in Lincoln at Christmas,

She was interviewed on local radio and came across as a lovely,enthusiastic,vibrant woman who wanted to do her best and not let anyone down at the theatre, but had to keep going for chemo which took days to get over, so eventually she had to pull out.

She needed to keep busy, as she said ' I've got too much to live for, I've got two beautiful boys and I love life'.

For her to die on Mothers Day was terribly sad./ shades x
grow your own way

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:03 »
So, so sad.
Smile, it confuses people.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 12:02:05 »
 It is very sad indeed , for a woman of her age to die of cancer particularly as it could have been prevented by correct procedure of the test results.
I am so sad for her children. :'(

What has made me so angry yesterday & today. The newspapers all of them never had a good word for her until she was seriously ill, now its Ohhhhh, we love you Jade.  REALLY.
She was who she was, bless her not very bright but very likeable girl. RIP.

Please let us remember all the other people who have cancer also & say a prayer for them.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 19:53:41 »
I don't think she was thick, just uneducated. They're not the same thing.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:49 »
I don't think she was thick, just uneducated. They're not the same thing.

gotta agree with you there :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 14:23:57 »
By strange coincidence I was driven right by her house yesterday when we got a bit lost doing a transfer to a hospital in Essex. We didn't realise it was her house until later, but wondered why there were vehicles with blacked out windows clogging up a lane...the paparazzi of course.... waiting for what I don't know.

I also feel she was extremely brave to allow such publicity of her situation, which sometimes made very uncomfortable viewing, such as when she lost her hair after chemotherapy and was obviously upset. Her instinct to try and protect her children and provide for them after her death is entirely admirable, however she chose to accomplish it.

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 15:57:18 »

I totally agree with Robert Brenchley, lack of education does not mean someone is thick, she was brave, lively and energetic and made the most of the opportunities given to her - something we could all learn from.  I wasn't a fan particularly but have been very moved by her sad story.  RIP

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 19:20:34 »
Desperately sad that Jade had to suffer so much but hoping, as her family will be, that it will make a great difference in the uptake of the HPV vaccine that is now ofered to the under 25's.

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 00:24:06 »
She may not be thick, but certainly had severe lack of general knowledge back in 2002 on BB2. So exactly where is East Angular ?

Her drunken strip poker escapade still remains one of the BB most funniest moments.

Not to mention her London Marathon training - eating curries and drinking a lot in the runup.
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 00:36:37 »
i had my *jade* today and asked why its not available to under 25s,my nurse said its cos at that age,girls are still vulnerable to the HPV virus,which by defintion could and nearly always does,cure itself,so kids were getting treatment for abnormal cells when they didnt need it,hence the change in age requirements,will be interested on feed back from this,but,not being OTT as i wasnt the biggest fan,but she did give me a kick up the bum to get mine done,a year late,oops,and for that im grateful.
RIP jade,with thanks
rach xxxx
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal