Author Topic: Whitening on the leaves?  (Read 1068 times)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
Whitening on the leaves?
« on: March 21, 2009, 20:13:48 »
Hi guys,

I have been placing my seedlings outside the last couple of days due to the lovely weather. I also re potted my toms into larger pots but have noticed some of the leaves are looking a bit white in places. Worse affected is my Tumbling tom red tomato's but have also noticed it on some of my chillies and peppers?? Will take a pic and post tomorrow but in the mean time any ideas?

I have heard some people talking about mildew is this what it is???

Thanks Lucy

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Whitening on the leaves?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 20:30:28 »
I very much doubt it is mildew.  It sounds like sun scorch to me which is what happens to tender young plants which have water spashes on their leaves and the sun shines on them.  It's not anything to worry about unduly but when you water the plants take care not to get any of it on the leaves from now on.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 20:36:26 »
Thanks Georgie That really does make sense.

Put them out first thing and gave them a watering before we went out with the kiddies for the day. I didn't think it was there this morning  ::) . I never new that that could happen well they do say you learn something new every day will definitely be more carefull when giving them a drink from  now on.

Thanks again  ;D

Lucy

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 20:55:20 »
You're welcome, Lucy.   :)

It's been a lovely day here so I hope you had a nice day out with the family. 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:37:11 »
Mildew is a fungus which develops in warm, damp summer weather. I'd be surprised to find it now!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal