Author Topic: Chilli Q's Reposted as i posted in wrong place sorry  (Read 2449 times)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
Chilli Q's Reposted as i posted in wrong place sorry
« on: March 08, 2009, 13:07:33 »
Hi,

All of my chillies have sprouted lovely much to my surprise. I planted a few more as i have managed to plant carrots/lettece wrong so far (Very new to growing).

But now i have 20 that need to be transplanted into larger pots packet is saying 1 to a 4 inch pot but was wondering if i could plant say 2-3 in a larger pot or are they better off on there own. They will be going outdoors eventually so will need transplanting to a patio planter when the weather is warmer.

Giving one to my nan and one to my sister just hope they fruit and well think i'll be eating chillies for a while 

Thanks lucy

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Chilli Q's Reposted as i posted in wrong place sorry
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 13:43:22 »
I always put them into seperate pots... then pot on later. Reduces the amount of root damage.  :-\

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 13:50:45 »
 ;D Thanks saddad

lucy

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 15:23:12 »
mine  go into individual 1 inch cells for a while, then into 3 inch pots thn into whre ever they will gow on

lbb

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 19:21:15 »
I try to keep mine planted individually too, then when the weather is warmer get them into the ground. By that time they've usually filled the pot with their roots so it would be more difficult to separate them if they were 2-3 to a pot.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 19:41:02 »
Well all potted up now 1 to a pot till its a bit warmer thanks for the advice  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal