Author Topic: apple mac user needs to create a leaflet  (Read 6558 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
apple mac user needs to create a leaflet
« on: March 04, 2009, 18:32:32 »
hi folks,i need to create a double sided leaflet for a college assignment,but just cant find a template on my mac.tried downloading free trial of microsoft publisher,no joy,and just cant find any other way of doing it.all the other students in my class,20 years plus younger than me,dont have a problem as they all pc users and all learnt how to do this kind of thing in school. my tutor doesnt realise i dont have microsoft publisher and seems to think i can just pick it up using the college pcs,and i just dont have the time or patience to learn a whole new way of doing things just for one assignment,any one got any ideas??? im pulling my hair out here.
thanks in advance
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: apple mac user needs to create a leaflet
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 18:45:12 »
are you a member of demonoid?
You couldn't make it up!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 22:53:53 »
Why not create your own template. In most word processing packages you would go to 'page setup' & select A4 landscape then 'format' > 'insert columns' select the appropriate number of columns for your document typically 2 or 3 depending on the style of leaflet, thats your template done, fill in the text/graphics & print.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 23:12:50 »
If you need it double sided, just print one side, put it back in the printer, print the other side?
You couldn't make it up!

sunner

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:12:52 »
could try one of these both free

NeoOffice

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php

OpenOffice.org

http://www.openoffice.org/index.html

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:36:05 »
are you a member of demonoid?

Oh! I'm telling...   ;D

I was going to suggest Neo or Open Office.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:11 »
I use MacBook and i found it really difficult to do this kind of thing after using Publisher for years which makes it so easy.  Do you have Pages on your Mac?  If you do then there are some templates in there which you can use although I personally don't find them as user friendly as Publisher.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:13:41 »
hi folks,just wanted to post an update from me in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. thanks for all the advice,none of which was useful im afraid,although im grateful for the good intentions  ;D
in the end,i had a kind plotholder copy me a 2007 version of publisher,which obviously didnt work on my mac,but did work on the husbands pc.
got one of the kids in college to show me how to use it,and hey presto,its easy peasy.
the noticeboard at the lottie is now covered in glorious technicolour posters and yes,ive completed my assignment too.
thanks again
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal