Author Topic: Now he's upset!  (Read 4348 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Now he's upset!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 20:06:19 »
Is it just me or do you think he has got this neighbour in to do all the digging then will probably drop him as soon as it suits.   :-\     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Squash63

• Half Acre
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 20:22:31 »
Is it just me or do you think he has got this neighbour in to do all the digging then will probably drop him as soon as it suits.   :-\     ;D ;D ;D

I hope not, but it is a possibility.  He was so angry yesterday that he was saying that the man could use some of the plot this year but then that was it. 
When he introduced the man to me a couple of weeks ago, he was saying things like "if he likes it, he could take over the plot" but yesterday he was talking about changing the lock on his shed so the neighbour couldn't get in.
I think it's all going to end in tears.....
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 20:11:43 »
It does look as though his friend may be being taken for a ride, I hope not.
I wish I'd been there to see his face.  ;D ;D My feelings are the same as everyone else's.  Perhaps now he'll take on board what an allotments really for. ;D ;D

Squash63

• Half Acre
Re: Now he's upset - another development
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 20:28:27 »
Another development - Old Bloke came to me today and said that he would not let the neighbour do any more work at all on his plot and wouldn't let him use it for growing things now.  He said that the neighbour had had £40's worth of his plants (in other words, he'd taken home the stuff he'd dug up) so that was fair enough. 

I don't think this is right at all.  The neighbour and his friend worked really hard even if they were a bit too enthusiastic and from what they told me I could tell they were looking forward to growing things this year.

Because it was an informal arrangement between OB and the neighbour I will leave it to him to sort it out. 

OB also told me that he has "lost heart" (did he ever have one?) with his plot and was seriously thinking of giving it up. 

No, I didn't clap my hands and jump up and down with joy, but I felt like it. ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

Teen

• Not So New ...
    • Tina's Plot
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 20:35:36 »
Surely if he felt that way couldn't he just let his neighbours have it instead of chucking them off.  He doesn't sound like he had any enthusiasm for it, even before the drastic digging.  Sounds like a bit of an ... better not say might get chucked off here too ha ha!!
Teen

Squash63

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 20:43:30 »
Surely if he felt that way couldn't he just let his neighbours have it instead of chucking them off.  He doesn't sound like he had any enthusiasm for it, even before the drastic digging.  Sounds like a bit of an ... better not say might get chucked off here too ha ha!!

That's what any 'normal' person would do. 
Anyway, if he leaves, it's up to me who has the plot next and I quite liked the two neighbours....... ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

Teen

• Not So New ...
    • Tina's Plot
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 20:52:24 »
Perhaps hire out some badgers for a spot of midnight digging on the rest of his plot, that might do it  ::)
Teen

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 21:00:39 »
If you see old bloke before he leaves send him my best wishes, :P :P :P :P :P,  my arse, get the neighbours back Squash and introduce them to A4A, they'd love to read the posts on this.             ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal