Author Topic: £300 quid you having a f###ing laugh  (Read 3238 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
£300 quid you having a f###ing laugh
« on: February 26, 2009, 19:27:35 »
Hi all I've just got my gas bill in for the quarter £299.22 are they aving a cold bath, the last quarter was £145. I'm just going to stick my head down the bog.  >:( >:( >:(     :( :( :(     :'( :'( :'(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
Re: £300 quid you having a f###ing laugh
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 19:47:39 »
Hi all I've just got my gas bill in for the quarter £299.22 are they aving a cold bath, the last quarter was £145. I'm just going to stick my head down the bog.  >:( >:( >:(     :( :( :(     :'( :'( :'(

Ahh, yes, but they will be reducing them by about 0.001% sometime in August.
All to do with market forces don't-you-know
    - and absolutely nothing to do with them being lazy, gready, thieving b@%^%*\ds.

PS. how much profit did Centrica announce today ??
PPS. Isn't there snow predicted for next week?

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 20:18:55 »
 :'( :'( Just to make you feel better mines just arrived £393.98 plus lece £210.
And I was pleased as I thought it would be more.   :) ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 23:46:27 »
 £234 46, Gas   £169 88, Leccie, thats a shock we pay monthly D D & still owe £126 on this one  bloody hell what are they thinking of,  we shall be in the summer before it is on an even keel, then it starts again, bloody rob dogs >:(.

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:07 »
Well, did this ever happen when the gas and electric were nationalised - no it did not!

Its the fault of all of us for falling for the 'private is best' mantra of the thatcher years. There was a beleive held by our parents generation that you had to have strong unions to stop the abuse of greedy capitalists. They were so right and we are paying the price of giving up all that previous generations fought for.

Sure nationalised industries could be inefficient - but private companies often are too. Its just part of being human.

We could all do with getting together and shouting with one voice - enough!

Won't happen in a million years of course - but I can dream, can't I?

Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:48:18 »
Ours was over 500 for the quarter. That's what you get for having a cold winter, a big, old house with no cavity walls and a husband who works at home a lot. And no, we're not wasteful with the heating and yes,we do switch suppliers regularly, and when I checked again on a comparison site yesterday we can't get it any cheaper. >:(

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 20:34:22 »
In the last quarter my bill has more than doubled from an average of 100 quid a month to this months bill of £240 per month :o
I can make no sense of that whatsoever, even price rises surely can not explain that?
Considering we are a family that have all left the house by 7am and out at work all day? ???

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 23:08:48 »
 Honey, i think you need to get your bills thoroughly checked sounds very unreasonable to me. Rosebud.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 22:32:33 »
honeybee I agree with Mary, surely there must be something wrong. Has the bill got a reading or have they estimated?

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 23:10:13 »
I sympathise. Just before xmas I got an electric bill for £592 underpayment, I pay monthly and they had estimated my bills for 2 years. Instead of the £30 I had been paying, I should have been paying £55.  Was not a happy bunny!

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 12:09:16 »
Ooops meant to say from 100 quid per quarter to £240 per quarter, not month..lol ::)
Still a lot though and a big rise, in my opinion!

twins 59

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 12:19:53 »
I switche my electric,and my bill for the summer quater was £3ooo, 9hundred and
forty nine pounds ,was threatened with court action,it turned out the man who read the billhad put the wrong meter reading down,the bill should have been £93
no appology or anything.
twins59 ::)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 13:03:35 »
we had the smae sort of grief with eon a couple of years ago! we pay a regular amount each fortnight (as much as they asked for) never late at all, but when we came to switch supploier they hit us with a £3, 600 bill!!
No argument, I just asked for a court date, and said, you get your chap in a wig to explain to the nice judge how a couple of students in a  council house, on a budget scheme can use this much gas? oh, we only use gas for hot water and cooking, not heating!!
they declined our offer of seeing us in court, and we got a £600 rebate!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 14:38:39 »
I am reading my meters every 4 weeks and ringing up to know how much in money I have used.  In spite of using less then last year [therms or whatever] my bill has doubled.  All I get is comments like "it has been very cold" and " the cost of G/E has gone up", and the best one is " it gets warmer soon". 

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 21:53:00 »
it turned out the man who read the bill had put the wrong meter reading down,the bill should have been £93
no appology or anything.
twins59 ::)

I had a similar error many years ago, the meter reader came, read the meter, the bill was high. I phoned them and demanded they come and re-read the meter as the reading was incorrect. Another reader came, looked a the meter and laughed, he said the previous one had put the serial number of the meter in the wrong column. The cheeky b*****s wanted to credit it against future use. I demanded a refund as I said it would take ten years to use that amount of power in the workshop which was mainly a store (we worked on site most of the time).
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 22:49:27 »
OUCH!      We got a rebate from our gas bill of £146 in December; and at the same time they said they are increasing our direct debit £49pcm.  Go figure that one?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:17:30 »
My last statement said I was £250.00 in credit. It didn't stop the buggers raising my DD by £20.00 pcm.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 08:10:56 »
Our Gas and Electric came to £350. At least we get help with ours, being pensioners. Oi Kev a bit less spendin money for youe cruise :P
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 17:14:43 »
I'm in the process of aplying for a post which is funded by the "Scottish & Southern Electricity Fuel Poverty Innovation Fund". Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me! :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal