Author Topic: Nanny state!  (Read 1433 times)

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
Nanny state!
« on: February 24, 2009, 14:44:13 »
Went out to get our wheelie bin today and instead of it being randomly strewn over the pavement (in the tradition of bin collectors) it was cosied up to our neighbours with a bright yellow sticker on it. The sticker informed us that the bin had been left in its 'Correct Collection Point (CCP)'. From now on we have to put our bins out in the CCP to 'ensure it is collected in future'. Needless to say its right next to the road and liable to get blown/knocked over.

How come some people have so much time on their hands that they can come up with such idiotic schemes? I wonder if they have a map somewhere in the town hall and agonised over every single CCP? I must have a pretty dull life to get hot under the collar about his - but imagine the life of the person administering this?
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

Levi

• Half Acre
Re: Nanny state!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 14:52:12 »
Maybe its part of a new job creation scheme, think I'll apply, LOL just think of the havoc you could cause and naff off those folk who annoy ya. You aint being dull, this stuff makes me mad too. It's all very well seeing the humour in it until the money runs out for the real essentials.
One Love

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 15:47:54 »
If they don't collect for over a month at Xmas are they going to refuse to empty the refuse if it's a foot away from the CCP?  :-X

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 16:01:38 »
 :o ???

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 16:19:40 »
Be there next time they come. Wear dark glasses, have a white stick and stuff one of those imitation hearing aids in your ear. If you can borrow a wheelchair even better. When they come down the road make out you are attempting to get to the CCP and apologise for not getting your bin out in time. Fall out of your wheelchair and flounder about on the ground keep saying I'm sorry then start crying because you are late with your bin.

The message will get through pretty quick as the blokes on the ground will soon let  the boss know.

But seriously what happens if you are ill or disabled.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 17:01:27 »
What happens is if it's near Christmas the bin men will knock and offer to take it from your premises, after that they miss you out altogether. Not disabled but that's what happens if you don't put your bin out on time here so I have a feeling that treatment could be similar.  ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 17:33:37 »
They don't empty mine every time, they don't tell me why.
I can't put them right on the pavement,  otherwise it will block it for people with pushchairs.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:19:15 »
They don't empty mine every time, they don't tell me why.
I can't put them right on the pavement,  otherwise it will block it for people with pushchairs.

Are the lids closed? They often now won't take them away if the lid is ajar.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 13:02:15 by Barnowl »

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:54:03 »
why the term 'nanny state'??
my nanny used to let me get away with all sorts, ain't that what nannys are all about?? loads of cakes and hugs, she had the most comfortable lap!!

Oh, do you mean a paid servant / child minder, not a REAL NANNY!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 15:27:03 »
I'm really confused because I've noticed when driving around our town that overfull bins have been left and a message is attached. But my neighbour across the road puts out his rubbish bin and sits another bag beside it and it all gets collected every fortnight. he has less people in his household too now his daughter has gone to Uni.....3 not 4. My bin is never full.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 16:51:59 »
 ::) OMG !!!

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 18:40:12 »
The lids are closed, I must give them a ring to complain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal