Author Topic: Upset about a comment  (Read 7601 times)

the-goodlife

• Quarter Acre
Re: Upset about a comment
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 09:16:47 »
I've just come back from the allotments and I'm feeling a bit upset.  One of the men was having a bit of a rant about how untidy our site was.  He said it was the worst he'd ever seen it in all the years he had been there. 

When I asked him what in particular he objected to he said it was all the bottles on top of canes, and plastic barrels (for compost or water) on the plots.  His own plot doesn't have bottles or barrels - but it doesn't have many plants either.  In fact, it's mainly grass which he strims.

I am the site secretary and have always felt quite proud of our site,  I thought sites were meant to look like ours did! We get lots of visitors and they always comment on how good it looks.  Maybe I'm living in a dreamworld and other sites are models of tidyness and order. 

Please, someone tell me that there are other sites like ours.

on our site we have a few folk like that too, always moaning >:( our plots have got to be 3/4 cultivated if not you get 3 warnings and then its bye bye, i noticed the other day just how many plots were coverd in grass only!  7 perfectly good plots all let to old men with there pigeons and they dont get told jack!!!! :-X. All they say is that there birds dont come on to other members plots!!! get f****d i said i shot 7 alone last week eating my young caulis, and my savoy cabbage, eating my broads etc. i went and proved them all wrong too  ;D. i was protecting my crops !!. got a good meal out of it though.
today i will be growin veg

Squash63

• Half Acre
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Upset about a comment
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 14:19:27 »
Thank you so much for all the replies since my last 'thank you'.  There has been a new development today, but I'll talk about it in a separate post.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal