Author Topic: Upset about a comment  (Read 7598 times)

delboy

• Acre
Re: Upset about a comment
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 21:39:12 »
Yup. He's a plonker.
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 21:43:57 »
Ignore the silly man. People like that aren't worth spending time on.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 21:59:24 »
Send him a warning letter for not cultivating it... "Grass" indeed!!  ::)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 22:08:32 »
 I'm afraid I would tell him to p*** in the wind,  or better still on your compost heap  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:58 »
Send him a warning letter for not cultivating it... "Grass" indeed!!  ::)

Perhaps he's a silly Moo!
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Squash63

• Half Acre
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 09:22:16 »
Many, many thanks for all the replies to my post yesterday.  I had a good giggle at some of them and  I feel so much better now. It's good to know that there are other sites like ours where recycling and safety are taken seriously. 

The man who complained is really quite negative about lots of things.  When I first started there I won the 'Best Newcomer' prize and he came to look at my plot.  He told me that I might have won something that year, but it was only beginner's luck and I shouldn't expect to ever win anything again.  (The following year I won the 'Best Plot' competition) Never mind, he must be a sad lonely bloke with this sort of attitude.

Thanks again everyone,

Betty
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:35 »
I am with Saddad.Grass ain't cultivation, never mind how short he keeps it .
Tell him your considering proposing a limit on the use of strimmers at the next commitee meeting because of the noise they make.
Or better still put your committee head on say hmm, hmm and say "Put your grumbles in a letter stating the plots that are ofending you. Sign it with your name and I will present it to the commitee at the next meeting" .. We have found this the best way to shut such idiots up.
Cheers .. Jim

woodybrown

• Quarter Acre
  • The brat pack
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 19:03:36 »
DON'T LET THE OLD MOANER GET TO YOU OBVIOUSLY RETIRED AND HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN MOAN. MY PLOT IS NEAT BUT OTHERS UP OUR SITE ARE A SHAMBLES BUT NOBODY WORRYS. TELL HIM TO SPUD OFF.  ;)
ENJOY YOUR PLOT...

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 19:08:19 »
Our contact says veg, flowers or lawn, maybe this site is the same, but now you have give us a bit more info we can see that he's a sad, lonely, jealous, grumpy, moaning old git. I'd wait until the summer stake him to his grass naked and leave him to fry in the sun,  8) OK so its a bit over the top, how about a compromise and you put a plastic bottle on his winkie to keep the Sun  8) off it.  :o      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 19:13:53 »

Just a thought ----   does he know why there are all these strange things on canes ?

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 21:17:50 »
OK so its a bit over the top, how about a compromise and you put a plastic bottle on his winkie to keep the Sun  8) off it.  :o      ;D ;D ;D

But wouldn't that cook it like a little pork chipolata?

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 22:48:17 »
there is one on every allotment, 4 on mine lol. Complain about everything. then when you do as they please, complain about something else. Ignorning them is the best option

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 22:53:01 »
Tell him instead of spending his time whinging; to cultivate his grassland for what allotments are supposed to be for.  No objections to everyone having a small grassed area but for a plot to be mainly grass... They are not meant to be a lawn.

Most people on my site use bottles, CDs etc.  All our pigeon men have a grassed area but they cultivate quite a bit of their plots too.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:29 »
He sounds bonkers! My Gran's neighbour is like that. He likes his garden so neat that it's terrifying. He rails against trees, because they drop leaves. Paints everything in sight sparkling white. Chopped down her lovely quince bush because he reckoned it was straying onto his side. Even jumped over the fence and painted her nice natural-wood lawn chair with pink wood preservative, and thought he was doing her a favour! Barmy!

The guy sounds like he has mental health issues, to be honest. What a weird, nasty, negative attitude to be carrying around with him all the time - and what a pain to have to deal with it. An allotment is for practical gardening, it's not intended to look like the blimmin' Chelsea Flower Show... :S

tim_n

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 09:23:16 »
he'd have a fit if he saw mine...

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 10:55:09 »
every site has got one and they are best ignored, however upsetting.  One guy always makes comments about my plot but the fact is I am in the process of rehabilitating my plot and sometimes, yes, it isn't as perfect as I'd like.  Take a look at my pics - fairly tidy but still I am conscious people will be chattering.  Ignore them, get on with your plans and prove them wrong!  That's my approach!

x

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 22:00:15 »
And the other thing to tell him is, that when he pays your plot rental he can tell you what to do on your plot, but until then he can go tickle up his kilt. ;D ;D

valmarg

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 01:15:37 »
I don't get why someone would want to grow grass on their allotment, other than for small areas, like pathways, and somewhere to sit. If he likes grass - can't he just go and sit in the park??

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 13:37:57 »
some people just have to have something to complain about and it sounds like he's one of them. Your site sounds perfectly normal to me and it's a pity he isn't more concerned about his own lack of recycling and misuse of his plot. I'm sure there are many people who would put it to much better use and be a better neighbour.

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 07:50:35 »
i think your problem is quite simple to solve just tell him to @@@@@@@ that's the policy i always use and it seem to work i don't explain what i am doing and the reasons why i just tell them to @@@@@@' and they never bother me again , and you gain respect no bull poo on my plot just the stuff i put in the ground

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal