Author Topic: Getting parent to buy bargains for you!!!  (Read 1758 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Getting parent to buy bargains for you!!!
« on: February 08, 2009, 20:15:54 »
I have been reading this thread (live in France) and noticed that Aldi were doing soft fruit canes and Lidl selling the fruit trees and further threads about their size.

I am over England with my children for half-term, and asked my English based parents to pick up several of the above.  They have done exactly as I have asked, even though it meant visiting several stores.  I am picking up a car for my husband at the same time, which my muched loved parents have already collected.  Even though they phoned several times about the fruit trees they never mentioned that each one is 5' tall, and I have ten!!!  I am in a Freelander with two children, and according to my dad, ten fruit trees on the roof!!!  Bargain, hope I don't get a height excess on the car and by goodness I will have to drive slowly.

Ohh lala

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Getting parent to buy bargains for you!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 20:36:05 »
I have a Mondeo saloon and had 7 lidl trees and two kids, no problem(they were not that wide apart from the opel plum). 10 wrapped trees will probley extend your car height by about 12"

I think you might be able to cut the central leader down to about 36" (or what ever suites) and once planted the new leader and branches will form.

Please don't take my word for the above, i'd hate for you to mess up your new tree's and i am new at this :)

Neil

try this link: http://resources.cas.psu.edu/TFPG/pruning/slide1.htm slide 8
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 20:39:36 by nilly71 »

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 20:39:06 »
 ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 20:49:37 »
perhaps you can tell the French customs that you've got a new eco friendly car and you've converted it to run on wood

ber77tie

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:14:42 »
Will your trees need a passport?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal