Author Topic: Anyone been to Kerry?  (Read 1531 times)

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Anyone been to Kerry?
« on: January 26, 2009, 22:10:57 »
I booked up with ryan air for a £1 flights and chose Kerry, i have no idea why just seemed a good idea ;D

I have never been and now we need a hotel but can not decide what part of s.ireland to go to.

Anyone been and could recommend a hotel or area?

Neil

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Anyone been to Kerry?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:50:05 »
Hi Nilly,

I have forgotten my geography ::) though I was brought up in Ireland. We used to live in the north, Co.Monaghan.

Co. Kerry is very nice or at least is was. The Wicklow mountains are to die for and the scenery is stunning. Dingle bay is another pretty place that has stunning cliff walks. Parts of Northern Ireland are particularly beautiful too, I cant tell you too much more from experience as I was a mere whippersnapper when we lived over there.

Wherever you go you should be welcomed warmly, I have friends in Cork and thats a lovely county as well. You won't have to go far to find the scenic spots. But be warned the roads are atrocious, if you intend to hire a car. There is a motorway from Dublin to the south, but when it runs out.....it runs out!! Then you're down to pot holes and  a rough ride :-\ 8) ;D ;D

Enjoy your stay and we want to see pics too on your return!!  ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:11 »
Thanks Star
We are hiring a car so that we can visit a few places and so that we can get a hotel further away from the airport, just can't make up our minds as it all looks so nice.

We are going in march for the weekend so not expecting too much in the way of nice weather.

\neil

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 16:23:50 »
If you are old enough try Saga holidays they have some cheap offers at present.    If you have dry weather you will love it.  The ring of Kerry and round about is the prettiest place on earth and in good weather and the right time of year the water lilies in the pools up on the hills are a delight.  Enjoy.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 17:14:21 »
Thanks, toooooooo young ;D

Do you know of or can recommend any hotels?

Neil

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 18:17:02 »
I remember camping there about 20 years ago so no Hotels, sorry.  The "ring of Kerry" is very beautiful, as are McGillicuddiys Reeks I seem to remember (through a drunken haze of Guinnes and Irish Whiskey).

One thing .... if you are going in the warmer weather and are going to be outdoors much take some Insect repellant with you!  I seem to recall needing a head-net when camping  ;D ;D

Have a great time!
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

star

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 19:39:42 »
No idea about hotels, but a lot of farmhouses will welcome guests for B&B and possibly an evening meal as well. Have a google for them when you have an idea where you want to go.........but.......there's always a but! Some of these farmhouses may not start till April or May.

Good luck and have a fantastic time ;D

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 20:03:52 »
We want to treat ourselves, as this is the first time in about 10yrs that we will be going away without the kids.
I think we deserve at least a 4* hotel ;D

Neil

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 20:21:05 »
Finaly decided where to stay ;D

http://www.felspointhotel.ie/

Just within what i wanted to pay and that includes B&B for two mornings and one dinner.

Hope it's a nice area :-\

Neil

star

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 20:30:44 »
It looks lovely Neil, have a wonderful time ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal