Author Topic: Bedlington Members?  (Read 1643 times)

vitaw

• Quarter Acre
Bedlington Members?
« on: February 08, 2009, 22:38:02 »
Just wondering if there are any A4A members who hail from, have an allotment in Bedlington, Northumberland....?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Bedlington Members?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:12 »
just looking on the member's map, seem to be some up your way  :)

vitaw

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 17:37:23 »
Hi Manicscousers -- I'm so heartened that someone replied to this post!  Thank you! I knew lots of people were reading it....I checked the Members Map, but couldn't see anyone specifically from my area.  I'm really looking for support from others who may be in the same allotment as me,  but for reasons of privacy, didn't want to specify which allotment...if you know what I mean.  Sorry to sound so mysterious, but I'm still trying to get a feel for the allotment group I'm in and have had a rough start with it all. Thanks for the suggestion though.  :-*

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 19:14:43 »
have you looked on the sites and location thread ?
hope you find someone to help  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 19:21:20 by manicscousers »

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 22:33:26 »
Ah, one of the non-league teams whose results I look out for are the Terriers.

Sorry - OT.  But I do love Northumberland.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

vitaw

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 22:45:59 »
Thanks for all the site suggestions; I have searched but not a soul from here.  And I do love Northumberland--the most beautiful county in all of England (I say this even though I was born in Essex)...but I garden and do my allotment to get away from football!!! Cheers all. ::)

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:12:24 »
Sorry that you have had such a rough start with your allotment. We only got ours in January after putting our names down for 2 separate sites. The first site was more local to me but when we went over there for their open day, we felt like intruders. We were eyed up and down and only one person spoke to us. We tried to make conversation but the people were not willing. The second site, more local to my friend was entirely a different kettle of fish. When we went to view thw plot, everyone we met, without exception, welcomed us and said' If you need any help, just ask'. We took this plot and are very happy. We do have a plot holder that backs on to us who doesn't exactly conform but I imagine all site have this. At the moment he has dumped a lot of his plants and tools on the back of both ours and the neighbouring plot but we shall have to ask him to move them as we want to erect a shed. The first site has just offered us a plot but we will politely say no thanks as we are now settled. Wish you well in getting things sorted and a happy growing season.

vitaw

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 11:08:14 »
Hi JeanBean--many thanks for your reply & kind words.  We only put our name on the wait list of the Association managed allotment as the Council owned & operated ones were just horrible in appearance.  After a 2 year wait we got the call & it's been a struggle since then, unfortunately.  Although the overall site is well-managed, tidy & socially conscious (large plot for a disabled group, etc.), our specific plot is shared & abutted by very messy (to put it mildly) plot holders & one is very troublesome to boot.  I am looking forward to a good growing season (if winter ever departs) despite the challenges.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal