Author Topic: Planting plans for next year  (Read 5626 times)

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:Planting plans for next year
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 14:22:28 »
Aqui,

I said that last year ---and the year before ::)

Jeremy

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2004, 17:25:45 »
I Use excel on my plan and everything looks so nice and blooming its so easy to move where i want them and each yr is all so copieable and movable all the careful notes for each variety and type and costs all laid out on there own page gardening on paper has never been so easy !!!!! lololol

i just hope it works in the soil plan too lolol as moving the green house from ones house to the allotment took a little longer than a few seconds and the building of the poly tunnel is certainly on overrun lolol but come hell or high water itll be ready ish

right im showing enthusiasm and other than that ive enjoyed every min so far

carl

ps if i have a 1/4 of the success some of you have had this yr i will be well impressed and pleased !

any tipps of peppers and chillis appreaciated
any down falls of gooseberrys rasberrys and strawberrys  appreciated
another member of i forgot my password

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2004, 20:00:04 »
I made detailed plans on graph paper(a 5x5 Sq being a Sq Ft. layed it all out how it was gonna be and then put stuff somewhere else as we planted it all. First year and a right mixture. Have an idea for next year on 1st plot as divided onto 4 with rope paths making a cross.
Need to be aware of some type of crop rotation, saying that... everyone seems to bung the runners in the same place. But pleased with first years crop and did try hard to remember to weigh it all to give a guide to next years stuff. Spuds 177lb Onions55lb Rhubarb12.5lb Raspberries15lb15oz Peas 28lb Beetroot 21lb pickled 12 jars   Gooseberries15lb 19 jars jam   Parsley 1 jar   Marrows10 40lb  Runners 102lb9oz  Cabbage 18.5lb  Toms 37lb   Sweetcorn 66 cobs  5 leeks(2.5lb)  Kohl Rabi 1lb Celery 11heads  Carrots 11.5lb
Great fun all this and was getting impatient waiting for stuff to grow then BANG, stuff everywhere, couldn`t believe how much stuff we got from a few packs of seeds, well a few million packs of seeds!!! Becky never seems to stop buying them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal