Author Topic: Isn't it strange, when we open our hearts?  (Read 1577 times)

flossy

• Hectare
Isn't it strange, when we open our hearts?
« on: January 26, 2009, 19:50:47 »

I have just posted on an emotional topic ,  Asperger's syndrome, Dyslexia  --   It is such a relief
   to talk to someone  --   that you want to answer everyones topics and posts.

It looks heartless and unemotional --  but it isn't !

It is saying  - thanks for being who you are and listening to me --   thank you,

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

betula

• Hectare
Re: Isn't it strange, when we open our hearts?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 20:36:16 »
Oh floss,obviously this must be a cause of concern for you...........maybe you could make a post on the listening post.

Sure you will get a lot of people to listen and make supportive comments. :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 20:47:12 »
Off to have a read Floss. Be back soon. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 20:50:21 »
I have a young lady who has Aspergers in one of my A level Biology classes. She seems to be doing really well and is very enthusiastic about the subject. A lovely young lady who will go far I am sure. I find that, in the main, when kids get to the 6th form they are far more accepting of others. I have also taught an A level student with tourettes. Both these young people did thrive in college and had many friends. The other kids are very accepting. Most of the behaviour goes straight over their heads and if things do "blow up" they are forgotten about the next day.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 18:47:30 »

Thanks betula, listening post - thats the one !  still finding my way round the site.

Really appreciated Sparkly, I'm sure my little grandson will survive this world, he also has a very
   good sense of humour -  '' Mama, we have bought you ........... for your Birthday ',    rebuke
    from Dad at spilling the beans,    ' It's OK --  she 'll forget ! '  6yrs.   

Dad Italian , Mama English  [ my daughter ],   At school 5yrs, ' ....... please say something in English,
    reply, ' I don't want to  --  I can't speak English ' ---  all in English !!

I have high hopes for him, I feel he is very gifted in many ways - the signs show his talent has a different path to the normaly accepted -- whatever that is ?

Thanks again Sparky,

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 18:16:36 »
I have a young lady who has Aspergers in one of my A level Biology classes. She seems to be doing really well and is very enthusiastic about the subject. A lovely young lady who will go far I am sure. I find that, in the main, when kids get to the 6th form they are far more accepting of others. I have also taught an A level student with tourettes. Both these young people did thrive in college and had many friends. The other kids are very accepting. Most of the behaviour goes straight over their heads and if things do "blow up" they are forgotten about the next day.

The difference with 6th form/college/Uni ......is that the kids want to be there and are on the whole a bit more grown up  - so they accept differences in their peers better! 

Many As children thrive at college/Uni - with the right support - because there are rules - which they love!  Plus there are no kids just passing time till hometime larking about at the back of the class! - who are usually the ones who tease the weaker kids mercilessly!

Louise
Grow yer bugger grow!

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 18:19:02 »

Thanks betula, listening post - thats the one !  still finding my way round the site.

Really appreciated Sparkly, I'm sure my little grandson will survive this world, he also has a very
   good sense of humour -  '' Mama, we have bought you ........... for your Birthday ',    rebuke
    from Dad at spilling the beans,    ' It's OK --  she 'll forget ! '  6yrs.  

Dad Italian , Mama English  [ my daughter ],   At school 5yrs, ' ....... please say something in English,
    reply, ' I don't want to  --  I can't speak English ' ---  all in English !!

I have high hopes for him, I feel he is very gifted in many ways - the signs show his talent has a different path to the normaly accepted -- whatever that is ?

Thanks again Sparky,

floss xxx

Floss - he sounds like a bright little button - who's to say that we are the normal ones and he is the odd one out!

Personally - I feel that my son makes my world a whole lot more interesting just for being in it!  He also make sit frustrating etc etc etc .....on a daily basis  - but I would not change him for the world!

As I have said on another thread - PM me if you want to chat!

Louise
X
Grow yer bugger grow!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal