Author Topic: Had to rescue lotty neighbours hens today  (Read 2093 times)

Al37

• Half Acre
Had to rescue lotty neighbours hens today
« on: January 12, 2009, 22:32:18 »
Got to the Lotty about 10ish this morning to and noticed a right commotion in the next Lotty.
On closer inspection I found a small terrier type dog chasing the hens, there was feathers everywhere.
Nearly did myself a mischief climbing the fence and then had to rugby tackle the dog to catch it, the d**n thing started having a go at me so it got flying lessons over the fence >:(
Had a good look round at the hens all except one were still running about but when I picked it up it seamed to be okay and wandered off when I put it down.
I just hope the shock doesn't kill them off.
As for the dog it belongs to another Lotty holder and it is normally in a large pen. The owner and myself had a good look at the pen and the only conclusion we can come to is it climbed the six foot fence to get out of the pen.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
Re: Had to rescue lotty neighbours hens today
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 22:37:44 »
Well done A137 :)  Terriers are diggers, not normally jumpers. If there's the smallest hole under a fence, they'll get through.

Al37

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 22:42:52 »
I agree, and to be honest the fence where the hens are isnt that good so it probably went under that.
I had to go over it to get in but its kinda flimsy and covered in barbed wire so a few nasty scratches on my inner thigh :o
As for the dogs pen its a flagstone floor and very well made so as I said the only conclusion is it climbed over.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 22:51:36 »
If there's a way, a terrier will find it :)

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 11:48:52 »
What are they doing keeping a dog at the lottie anyway?  Wouldn't have thought that was a good idea - poor dog!

I am certain our Council wouldn't allow that - in my opinion - quite rightly too! :o

Old Bird

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal