Author Topic: Bourton-UNDER-Water - like last week?  (Read 2245 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Bourton-UNDER-Water - like last week?
« on: December 16, 2008, 13:22:29 »
No - Toad-ON-the-Hole.

Mind of its own!!

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Bourton-UNDER-Water - like last week?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 15:27:52 »
Does that mean you live there or near there, Tim? I've been doing my family history research one part of my family comes from there, I haven't found out whether some still live in the area...Milton and Hartwell are the surnames.
Sorry a bit of a deviation from the topic.

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 16:04:00 »
See my profile?

There was a Milton glazier & of course, Hartwell's shop has been the hub of BoW for over 50 years - & a big name in Oxfordshire.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 16:48:15 »
No i hadn't looked at your profile though I do remember you saying you were in the Cotswolds...keep forgetting you can do that though many people keep it empty.

Wow! After all that time and there are still some there......well having said that my Dad's Grandfather settled in Mt Somer's NZ and not only are his descendants still there but the recently called the new village green after our family.

Looks like I'm going to have to visit Bourton-on-the-Water!

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 18:54:20 »
Do!!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 19:11:40 »
I have to take my son to Plymouth for a University course open day soon my route takes me past Oxford so I might have time for a detour/lunch stop!.... depending on how much of a detour it is.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 20:56:25 »
I have to take my son to Plymouth for a University course open day soon my route takes me past Oxford so I might have time for a detour/lunch stop!.... depending on how much of a detour it is.

If you are doing it on the way down, go Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Tingewick, Deddington, Chipping Norton, Stow on the Wold. Take the A429 (for Cirencester) in about 5 miles turn left to Bourton.

If on the way back, go to Cirencester, take the A429 to Stow and about five miles before Stow turn right to Bourton. Cotswold scenery from Cirencester to Chipping Norton and vice versa. Enjoy it.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 13:06:18 »
I've been to Chipping Norton and Stow-on-the-wold...before I discovered family connection to B o t W!
 Thanks for the route suggestion though,Larkshall, depends a bit how much time I have. More likely on the way back when I have fewer time constraints!

I guess I'll be doing this trip more than once....he's so keen on Plymouth he's picked 2 of his 5 choices from there and one course feeds into the other just depends on his grades which he does.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal