Author Topic: why is it allways me they ask  (Read 1310 times)

trinity

• Acre
why is it allways me they ask
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:31:57 »
I have just dropped off 90 cup cakes decorated as Christmas presents, 2 big chocolate cakes, a Victoria samwige and 150 iced biscuts for the school Christmas's fair and am now sorting out my face paints to sit for three hours painting kids faces (I used to do it professionally ;D) but they always ask my and a couple of other moms but always the same people. not that I mind but is it because other people cannot bake any more or they have been asked in the past and said no ??? I know that i can only do the face painting as I have been police checked but surely more then a hand full of the Mom's (or dads can bake some cakes or biscuts ??? :-\
dose any one else find this happens at there children's school ???

(PS we live in one of the more affluent part of town so for most it cannot be a money thing for most parents and as I am a single mum and don't work at the moments and live off maintenance and tax credits I think i could use the excuse that i have no money but would not dream of it :-\ )
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:44:54 by trinity »

debster

• Hectare
Re: why is it allways me they ask
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:36:41 »
however much hard work is involved i would take it as a compliment ok  ;D

ps can i put my order in now lol  ;D

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:57:52 »
Do you really have to be vetted by the police to paint faces?

What a sad state of affairs.

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 12:41:47 »
trinity
i am the only baker for our christmas fair, been doing it for about 13 years now (eldest is 17)
and i will be running a stall on sat after doing the set up, then doing the take down
i will be selling the psa raffle tickets at the school performances (4 of them)
and i will be supervising at both of the school discos
and to be frank, you wouldnt want to be seling cakes made by some of the mums!

so in answer to why is it always me they ask
they know your cakes are good
they know no one is going to get food poisened
they know that when you say yes you mean yes

lbb
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:43:43 by littlebabybird »

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 14:06:16 »
It is because you bake good cakes and I should think becuase you are Reliable. 

I come under the heading of being RELIABLE.   Take it as a compliment.

:) :)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 14:10:52 »
Do you really have to be vetted by the police to paint faces?

What a sad state of affairs.

sad doesnot begin to explain where this world is going :-X

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 14:46:29 »
Trin you couldn't knock us up half a dozen large custard tarts, two dozen blueberry muffins and a couple of large Christmas puds if you get five minutes.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 21:18:48 »
well the fare was a success painted around 35 faces about 25 of thouse where a pink cat ??? why do they always want what the last person had ??? ::) ::) ::) people where asking which cakes I had made and buying those ;D 8) ;D so all my cakes and biscuts lasted around 10 min so they must be nice ;D

makes me fell a lot better was just a bit stressed this morning I had 2 dance costumes to finish and a friend to visit in hospital as well and was just a bit bewildered how I was going to fit it all in :-\

all done now apart from 10,000 sequins to sow on but its not needed till sat and is all made and ready to be done ::) ::) ::)

I was originally police checked to help the school set up a veg garden (no contact with the kids really) and help the teachers with lesson plans. but as I an going to be in the school when the kids are I have to be checked for the school even though I have been checked for the sure start as a domestic violence out reach worker (unpaid) and as a breastfeeding pier supporter as well all at £150 a time which I think is shocking when I go back to work doing party's painting faces I will have to pay to be checked again even if the other checks are current :o :o :o

the schools budget for the garden is only £300 and half of that has gone on getting me checked :o :o :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal