Author Topic: After January 12th 2009  (Read 875 times)

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
After January 12th 2009
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:55 »
Travelling to the USA after 12 Jan? 

Apply for a Visa Waiver ONLINE before you go

The days of filling a Visa Waiver form for US travel on the plane are ending.
If you're travelling after 12 Jan 09 you'll need to fill out an online request to enter the States, at least three days before travelling. Otherwise you'll be turned away at US immigration.
Not online?
You can't go!
We may all need to help out friends and family who aren't online. Outrageously when asked the US embassy about provisions for those not online it replied, "contact a friend, family member, colleague or travel agent who is online"
Lauren
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: After January 12th 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 20:43:51 »
Noted! but will check!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Re: After January 12th 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 20:55:07 »
Since 2005 they have been adding onto and adding onto the deadline  ::)

I have not checked recently but if it did stand that if you have a biometric passport then all was ok and you did not have to apply for a Visa Waiver.

I applied for new passports in 2006 for both hubby and I.

The applications both went off together. At that time biometric were being given out randomly.

Two applications at exactly  the same time, mine came back biometric, hubbys didn't  >:(

More than likely I will not return to States ( a place I love to visit) until details are more precise and deadlines are not changed so often.

However thanks for the update Lauren, its much apprecitated to read up on something that I was following for a couple of years but eventually gave up on due to so many deadlines and so many changes.

There was  so much change I almost lost the will to live!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 20:58:52 by honeybee »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal