Author Topic: Little thread of calm  (Read 9225 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Little thread of calm
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2008, 21:32:36 »
A great night saturday at our firms Christmas do, guess who made a pratt of himself on the dance floor all night. :-[   Then went back to my club for a 40th birthday and just been to the pub to watch the mighty SPURS win, what  a weekend.  8)         ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:49 »
Now who could that be I wonder!!
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 11:14:16 »
Kea Thanks, he went last night so hope he keeps it up. Like your son PE and dance are not on his favourite list. His best subjects are Maths. Science and History. Good luck to your son for the future, let us know how things progress
[/quote]

While my son didn't enjoy the dance lessons taught at school he (and his older Brother) are into Ballroom dancing which they both love. The group is busy learning a latin medley for performance in late January, I can't wait!

Last year one was in the Samba (La bamba) and the other a bond-themed Paso doblo.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 11:16:08 »
Sorry I've messed up...was trying to quote Lorna!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 14:36:45 »
Driving back from the flix in Enfield last night, I watched an owl flying around a farmer's field just past Waltham Abbey.  It was lovely and as an avid bird watcher, it was made even more special because it's one of the more 'common' or obvious birds that I've never been able to spot before!  :D

... and my husband has just messaged me at work to tell me he loves me  :D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2008, 14:59:18 »
I am being scribbled on, my crossword has been scribbled on, so has the dog....and it's lovely. ;D.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 15:01:42 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2008, 15:12:17 »
Sam I don't remember giving my permission to cross the border into Enfield  :D and I think your OH is after a sub.  ;)       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2008, 15:42:54 »
I've been fed with bread and cheese, sat on and expected to sing along with Mickey mouse club house (I can't stand it )..we've built bricks and giggled, had my apple nicked, it's lovely being a grandma  ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2008, 16:33:28 »
giggled, had my apple nicked,

Just as well  it wasn't your cherry  ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2008, 17:01:31 »
Cherry brandy now that'll warm your cockles.  :P     ;D ;D ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2008, 10:24:08 »
Just stood in a puppy puddle - but atleast it was right at the backdoor  :)

My son's music teacher has been brilliant. She's not his trumpet tutor but has taken a great interest in Ben and has been giving up her time to help him practice. She has been playing the piano accompaniment and giving him loads of encouragement. She even drove him to his trumpet grade and brought him home afterwards. After school hours.  She said he played beautifully.  We won't know if he's passed for a few days yet.  Ben has given his music teacher a big box of v.posh Belgian Truffles ,we are so very grateful for her help. Isn't really, really great! Was thinking to myself that when Ben grows up she is just the sort of person he will remember and I think that is so lovely.

Ben seems happy with his performance and somewhat relieved - OH found him crying in his bed yesterday morning- aaaaaaawwwww bless. He couldn't stop smiling last night and gave us a repeat performance..which the puppy,Frodo, joined in with...double act in the making  :D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 15:48:54 »
Don't think you'll forget it in a hurry either Heldi  ;D Well done to Ben.
Road works locally, and the stop/go man was wearing a set of fluffy dog ear muffs and making very cheery gesticulations at every one as they passed  ;D
Had me smiling for the rest of my journey.
Just heard that Ali has passed her banking exam. Special supper for that gel. ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2008, 17:29:40 »
Just had my eyes tested and there is no change so no expense for another 3 years.  I feel so lucky about that.  It must be 8 years or more since my eye sight changed.  I can still read the phone book without glasses so that is good.   Now my hearing is another thing.  d**n and blast, inherited my Dads weakness there.   ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2008, 17:33:59 »
My lovely Jim sent me a beautiful bunch of roses yesterday,no special reason,just because he loves me ,he said. ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2008, 12:39:37 »
Nothing to do with me personally but the radio station I listen to at work gave £1,000 to a lucky winner and she started to cry because just the day before she'd had to tell her family that there'd be no presents this year due to there being no money.  Even the DJ became choked up (good job I was alone in the office is all I can say ....) but whether she stashes it or spends it on festivities, it was lovely to think she's got a financial reprieve of sorts.  Made me cry then made me smile :) :) 

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 19:39:49 »
I was standing outside my office today having a sneaky cigarette (yes I know I should give up etc etc) when I was approached by a rather shabby older gent who I assumed was going to try and cadge one off me.  But it turned out he was lost and needed directions. I knew the place he wanted which was only minutes away but difficult to find.  So I said I'd take him which I did and the whole way there he was saying he knew I was a lovely peep just by looking at me and asking if I was married etc.  I had to laugh but it made my day because he was grateful and I felt I'd done a good turn.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 19:56:34 »
Eye eye Georgies pulled. :-* :P :P       ;)       ;D ;D ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2008, 00:19:13 »
He's passed...with a merit  woo hoo !!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2008, 11:07:31 »
That's great news, Heldi.  Well done Ben!   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal