Author Topic: Favourite childhood christmas films.....  (Read 6817 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Favourite childhood christmas films.....
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:55 »
A christmas carol.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 04:42:09 »
Christmas Carol, any of them, muppets or alastair simms, black and white or colour, I loves them all.
I love all the Charles Dickens Christmas stuff, black and white or colour too.  The best animated Christmas film has to be without a doubt "A Muppet's Christmas Carol"
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 08:32:54 »
quite liked 'bernard and the genie' with lenny henry and 'scrooged' with bill ? from ghostbusters

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 10:05:38 »
miracle on 34th street

Oh I've never seen this film.

Get yourself a copy for Christmas - the remake in '94 I think,  with the superb Richard Attenborough 8)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 11:21:51 »
oooh im in the middle of wrapping my presents and my dvd has arrived so im gonna watch it whilst im wrapping
xmas od on the way

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 15:59:06 »

Another fan of Muppet Christmas Carol here.

Infact it was one of my pressies last year  ;D

Also partial to the odd viewing of Paint Your Wagon, although they don't seem to show it as often these days.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 11:28:36 »
When I was small and 'sound of music' came out we had a tiny cinema in our local town my Brother's girlfriend (now his wife) worked there and they were short staffed one week so my Mum helped out and I sat in the cinema for 7 matinee performances in a row! I still love it though.

Yes I want to see 'Paint your wagon' too!.....I was born under a wandering star!

and South Pacific
and some Gilbert and Sullivan.....HMS Pinafore

and.....
Sorry I love musicals!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:03 »
has nobody mentioned WALLACE AND GROMIT yet??

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 12:28:07 »
Hyacinth.. miracle on 34th..all three of them..love 'em.

I BELIEVE... and I have  the  button that I wear every year.

Youv'e got couth gal!!

Also enjoy running all through my Shirley Temples though, might be cos Mum brought me up dressed like her, even the ringlets , smocked short frocks and  of course the dancing lessons.

Of  to  the good ship Lollipop to eat the Animal Crackers in my soup.......................

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 14:53:59 »
Another fan of The Muppet Christmas Carol :)  Home Alone 1 and 2 (became a Christmas tradition for myself, hubby and son to watch one or the other on Christmas Eve) Christmas with the Kranks (no, not the Krankies!) because it's quite funny but the end always makes me cry (even if it is happy) The Christmas Shoes, The Snowman .. oh the list could go on and on.

White Christmas & It's a Wonderful Life are being released at my local cinema for one day only the week before Christmas and I shall definitely being going to see both of them on the big screen whilst I have the chance :)

Not Christmas related but always on around Christmas and I love 'em
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Half a Sixpence
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 14:55:37 by SamLouise »

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 15:03:25 »
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Guaranteed to make you laugh :)

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 15:36:57 »
got to agree with betula on this one when griswald polishes the bin lid up and sets off on his horror ride i crease up every time without fail ;D
also a bit of a sucker for the sinbad films used to watch with my grandad every year!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 15:38:56 »
when griswald polishes the bin lid up and sets off on his horror ride i crease up every time without fail ;D

Ah yes, that's a classic moment.  Hubby and I crack up at that every time we see it - and the cat when it bites through the Christmas lights  ;D ;D

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 15:42:39 »
chevy chase is just one of those people who dont even have to say anything to make you laugh i love all his stuff but christmas vacation is the one film i watch without fail every year! never get bored of it

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 15:46:50 »
you've just reminded me, always watch national lampoons, where the grid blows up  ;D ;D ;D
off to dig out the copy, no, I'll leave it a couple of weeks, keep thinking it's nearer than it is, not even advent 'til sunday  ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 15:56:03 »
chevy chase is just one of those people who dont even have to say anything to make you laugh i love all his stuff but christmas vacation is the one film i watch without fail every year! never get bored of it

The struggle to get the lights working and the delight when they finally do,we have all been there ;D

I know it is early but going to watch it tonight,get me in the mood for Christmas. :)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 16:00:20 by betula »

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 19:17:12 »
Made my grand daughter who loves Dr Who (I call it Dr Poo) watch High Society and she loved it.  She never liked Frank Sinatra as thought he was old but loved him in the film.  Got me thinking as don't approve of the TV on Wednesday when she comes after school.  So for Christmas think I will get, South Pacific, Oklamaha, King & I and the original version of The Incredible Journey (not the new Disney one) about 2 dogs and 1 cat that found their owners when they moved away.  Told her about Lassie and she had never heard of it. Watched Ralph Harris last night and remembered watching him when my children were young.  It was a bit dated but good fun and certainly no swearing and quite innocent, a lot better than TV for children today.  We were never allowed to watch TV at Christmas when I was young, we played games, the tray game and flower, tree, bush had to think of a flower beginning with whatever letter was picked with a pin from the dictionary.  Also the blind folded tasting game.  Sometimes treasure hunts and card games.  For a Christmas film I suppose White Christmas is the best.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 19:25:42 »
Yes I want to see 'Paint your wagon' too!.....I was born under a wandering star!

So for Christmas think I will get,  King & I .

I have both these original films on DVD.  Both are brilliant.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

melann

• Not So New ...
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 19:28:59 »
white christmas "fantastic" ;D

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 21:21:40 »
Wizard of Oz (starring my old manager as the WWW) at lunchtime
James Bond...  but would it be Live and Let Die or Moonraker?
Die Hard in the evening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal