Author Topic: Wii Advice Please  (Read 1368 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Wii Advice Please
« on: November 11, 2008, 16:10:19 »
OK, so have been saving for a Wii for the family for Christmas.
My plan being on rainy weekends we can have a bit of fun en famille, the kids are now teenagers, and though we still play board games, I thought this would be more fun and interactive.
Sooooo  not having a clue as to what I will need, I have been advised to get 4 controllers & Numchucks so we can all have one each.
Is this a good idea, or am I wasting money on getting 4 when we would only use 2?
Also do i need a memory card?
Anything else I would need?
This brilliant idea of mine is beginning to get very expensive!
(really I just want to play on the old Donkey Kong! ;D)

Thanks

DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: Wii Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 16:18:17 »
We have a wii and I have to say we absolutely love it!  You can get 4 remotes/nunchuks, but a lot of the games are two player.  Big Brain Academy you can just use 1 remote, so it really does depend what you intend to play.  Word of caution...... beware of injuries with Wii sport!  So far I've sprained my wrist playing tennis, put my shoulder out playing baseball and been unable to move my arms after a particularly energetic boxing tournament with my older brother lol.  We don't have a memory card for ours, not sure if they do them? Not really looked into that to be honest.  It's worth getting the rubber skins for the remotes just as extra protection and make sure that wrist straps are worn at all times or you'll have no telly left!  It's a fantastic console though and I really recommend it for some good fun with the kids. Enjoy!  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 16:23:00 »
my son in law's nephew is selling his with lots of games, he also has a wii fit, I think it's on e bay, I can find out about it for you if you'd like  :)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 16:25:16 »
I had one of those, it left me quite wet

Oh....wrong thread.....................so-weeee 8)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 16:27:58 »
rofl @ star!  ;D ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 17:42:42 »
It will all depend on the games you get as to how many controllers you have. Take a look on the back of the boxes and it will tell you how many players etc. I have a Wii and a Wiifit. It's great to weigh yourself before and after using the fit...I lost 2 lbs in an hour long session of yoga! Lots of fun but make sure you put away all ornaments that are close and that you don't mind your light shade being knocked around. That reminds me..I really must move the glass one in my lounge, it flamin' hurts when you crack your hand on it:)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 18:07:30 »
We do wii and wii fit tournaments in school to raise money for charity/ trips etc. The kids really love it and so do wiiiiiiii! usually we just play in twos. Interestingly you can have a whole class watching the two playing with great interest and quite happy to wait their turn.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:27:08 »
Thanks all for you replies,  ;D @ Star!
Think I shall get 2 to start.......and see how wii (sorry!) go from there.
Have taken note of removing any breakables, and will book in to the osteo for after Christmas! ;)
Thank You for the offer Manics, but not to worry, am still pricing and they are on offer at amazon at the mo!

Hearing of all the fun you have, its making me more excited!!!

DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 13:58:05 »
we have wii mario kart which is really good, i am looking after a friend whos got a leg in a cast and she finds it quite good fun :) Controlers and Numchuks are expensive so just get the 2 sets you can get wii play and get the 2nd conntroller that way. Make sure you get a recharging centre though there brilliant.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 22:26:49 »
Agree with the charging unit.  Mind your lights if playing tennis on Sports - I smashed my mums lampshade with a rather impressive serve!  It will also give you a false sense of security.  We do the bowling a lot on the Wii, then we went actual bowling and couldn't understand why we weren't getting strike after strike!  :P  Mum has got number one son Mario kart and a steering wheel for Chrimble and daughter the family fun mat - or something like that, it isn't the dance mat, it is the other one......  The games are outrageously expensive so I do keep my eyes peeled at the supermarkets as they often do specials as a game becomes less popular.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 22:41:13 »
I have just bought a wii, and the remote came with a rubber cover, so they must be standard in the new packs.

cj :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 23:44:24 »
I have just purchased a Wii package deal from PC World for £225 for us...... I mean for the kids this Christmas. 

Console
2 x Numchucks
2 x Remotes
Game - Wii Sports
Game - Super Mario Kart
Wii Wheel

I have also paid £115 from Argos for an accessory package:

Wii Fit
Battery charging unit
8 Wii Play (8 Mini-Games)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5668571/Trail/searchtext>WII+FIT.htm
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

jo9919

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 22:43:07 »
Curry's are doing an offer for £224

Console
2 x Numchucks
2 x Remotes
Game - Wii Sports
And another game

We've gone for Tiger Woods golf game.

Jo.