Author Topic: Armed With Some Knowledge  (Read 851 times)

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Armed With Some Knowledge
« on: November 12, 2008, 15:32:22 »
I'd like some advice please on what to look for when buying a camcorder. Thought I would treat myself to one for Christmas  ;D.

What features are a must have etc ?
What make would you recommend ?

I don't have time to get a PHD of all the features. I just need something idiot proof  ::)

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lauren  :D
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: Armed With Some Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 15:44:31 »
I have a Sony Handycam and I've found it brilliant.  We bought it primarily because it was easy to use and it had a function to film in the dark (for paranormal investigations).  I haven't had a minutes trouble with it and it's quite light to use for prolonged periods of time.  I would suggest whatever you get that you buy a more powerful battery for it as they don't last that long.  I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more technical details but hope that helps.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Armed With Some Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 15:48:39 »
I've not used or bought a camcorder for ages, a hard drive is ideal as there are no tapes to run out. I would of thought a dvd camcorder would only use certain types of dvd and your computer or dvd player would need to be compatable.

The only advice i would give is look with one with a high optical zoom not just digital. Our's is high digital zoom, but as soon as i zoomed in, the slightest bit of movement made the who picture move by a large amount and i would need to zoom back out just to find what i was looking for.

Sorry not to be more help.

Neil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal