Author Topic: HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 1668 times)

ACE

• Hectare
HERE WE GO AGAIN
« on: November 10, 2008, 17:29:54 »
Penalise the rest of us because of the idiots.

They want to stop underage drinking and drink related crime by making the shops and pubs put the price up!

I really am getting (swear word) [spoiler]pissed off[/spoiler]  with this country.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 17:36:01 »
I think it's more a case of stopping the supermarket chains using alcohol as a loss leader and the happy hours that the city pubs/clubs use to pull in the punters rather than an overall price hike.  Least that's what I got from the news.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 17:59:07 »
Even if it is just that why should that be the answer. Wouldn't it make more sense to put all those police who are out harrassing motorists in the guise of 'road safety'  back on the street to stop real crime.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 18:26:47 »
I like a beer at home, but prefer to drink in a pub.... while supermarkets do loss leaders at about 1/3rd of the price of a pint pubs will continue to close so I have no problem with the proposals....  :-X

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 19:04:12 »
It is the breweries not the supermarkets who are closing pubs with their excessive profits. They know that if they close a pub the drinkers will go to another one. So the same amount of drink sold with half the overheads.

They do not supply Free houses with competetive priced barrels, so drinkers go to the cheaper clubs that are non-profit making.  I would also think that more smokers left the pubs than non-smokers going to them.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:14:58 »
Did you notice that most of the clips they showed we underage drinkers?

So stopping happy hours and offers would not make a blind bit of difference to them.

I work in the out of hours office for the council, if members of the public report kids drinking in the park or streets to the police, the police give them our number ???
It should be the police dealing with the drunk youths and finding out where they get it from.

Neil

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 18:17:11 »
Why do Brits binge drink so much? In most other countries folk will happily spend an evening out with friends in a pub equivalent drinking anything up to 2 pints in the whole evening.... ???

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 19:27:41 »
Alcohol is cheaper and more readily available on the continent, but they don't have our problem of yobs and slobs.

I agree with ACE. why should we responsible drinkers, that cause no problem to the police, or other members of the public, be penalised for the irrespobsible.

Its this government that introduced 24 hour drinking, and all of a sudden its reared up and bit them on the bum.

I for one am not ready for the home for the bewildered yet, but am sick of being nannied.

valmarg

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 21:07:57 »
don't really drink much myself This is the government passing the buck once again when they don't know what to do.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 21:40:53 »
The scenes seen on television are a short term thing. They are symptomatic of a country pent up by the moralist minority for far too long. They have been given freedom and do not know what to do with it but the next generation to come through - the ones that were under 14 when the law was changed, have seen their older peers rolling around in their own sick on television  and will not be the same.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 21:45:37 »
Or how to get themselves out of the bloody muddle they've got themselves into.

Whether it be booze or finance this government has got itself and the country into a right mess.  I have been having deja vu of 1979 for a very long time now.  Trouble is there's no one to replace this load of crap.

valmarg
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 21:48:12 by valmarg »

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 21:51:03 »
The scenes seen on television are a short term thing. They are symptomatic of a country pent up by the moralist minority for far too long. They have been given freedom and do not know what to do with it but the next generation to come through - the ones that were under 14 when the law was changed, have seen their older peers rolling around in their own sick on television  and will not be the same.

One can but hope, but I won't be holding my breath.

valmarg

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 13:51:47 »

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 15:51:35 »

I thought that was the 60's

valmarg

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal