Author Topic: Verifying a virgin email address  (Read 2047 times)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Verifying a virgin email address
« on: November 19, 2008, 21:41:10 »
Having spent hours setting up a wireless virgin broadband connection for my grandmother (how many times did I switch the router and modem off??!!! 28 - is that really necessary!!!!), it allowed her to keep her previous email which ended with ntlworld.com.  We opened the inbox, deleted the spam and all well and good.  However when she's gone to email me this evening, it tells her that the account needs to be verified, but doesn't seem to tell her how.  Obviously I'm not there to see the actual message and the help option apparently isn't working.  Anyone got any ideas?  ??? ???
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Verifying a virgin email address
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 00:19:59 »
Last time we changed computers we had this same problem, and we also wanted to keep our NTL email addresses. In the end I rang the broadband helpline which would have cost a bomb, but they refunded the money as it was their setting up problem. They reset something their end and it all worked again. That might be the solution, but I'm guessing you will need to ring from your Grandmothers house... :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:47:22 »
yes you need to ring them,
you cant verify the way they want you to because you are not a new account.
it will take just moments
lbb

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:29:50 »
Thanks for the advice guys.  Turns out she was clicking on windows mail not the virgin email icon!  All sorted now.....well until the next phone call anyway!
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 13:36:21 »
Well done, I never managed to get my NTL/virgin one to work...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal